Nextgen EMR

I just started a new job that uses Nextgen. I have used epic for 8 years at my previous office. Are there any support sites for nextgen to learn tips or helpful hints. I'm stressed about how complex it seems to be to do any task. Anyone who uses Nextgen, is there a way to send letters to patients that includes recent lab results. On Epic I could just go to letters when I was reviewing a person's labs and send them their results along with any remarks I wanted to include. I haven't seen many if any positive comments about Nextgen. 

Oh boy...your not going to like my comment.  First, I'm sorry I can't help you with resources concerning that ABOMINATION of an EMR called NextGen.  I will tell you this.  We switched to that horrible thing at an Urgent Care center I worked at years ago.  We were specifically told that it was 100% for billing reasons.  Evidently NextGen is great on the front end for squeezing every cent out of a visit.  The aftermath?

I quit.  My supervising doc quit.  Several ancillary staff quit after using that horrible mess for 3 months.  It literally made me a terrible Urgent Care provider.  My documentation went to crap, my wait times went to crap and when I left I have never hated an EMR more than that POS.  

Yeah, I've worked at an FQHC for the last 7 years w/ NextGen--big time utilized by the gov't clinic world (well, not the VA).  Every comment I've heard for this system, and I will concur--it's terrible.  EPIC seems to be one of the top-notch systems

This makes FP a totally inefficient system.  I couldn't even imagine using this for an urgent care...ugh!!  

My sympathies--you do learn to use what you need, and leave the rest of it's "bells and whistles" as ancillary useless IT crap designed by people who've never set foot in a modern clinic in the last decade.  But, it's an onerous beast that is it's own obstacle in terms of not getting in the way of seeing patients...

With that being said, my favorite EMR is practice fusion. But i must admit, i am a dinosaur and remember well the paper chart days

Edited by JMPA