2012-2013 Cycle

Hi everyone!!!! So my app is verified and will get mailed out in the first mailing on Jun 6th!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! So excited!!!!! I really really really really really really hope I get an interview this time!

My Stats (re-applicant):

Paid HCE hours: 1230

Overall CASPA GPA: 3.73

GRE: 1100

Plus lots of experience working with underserved populations.

Good luck everyone!! Does anyone know when the first interviews start? Oct. or Nov??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi medgirl -- Noticed that you're pretty enthusiastic (good for you). I don't know when interviews begin or are called, but I wouldn't have expected anything yet... I would expect that the process gets rolling in Sept/Oct.. (but I don't know for sure). My interview last year was in October - I got a call only the week before I interviewed (on a Friday ... drove out to MT only a few days later..). The point being: it all came together quickly. Try not to stress yourself out. Interview season is long - and your 'stats' look good. Hope to see you during one of the interviews! (I'm in the class of 2014 -- so I'll see you if you interview ... I'm also open to questions, if you have any...)

Good luck!

ninxctrck, thanks for the encouragement!! Do you have any advice for the interview? I am currently an echo tech (cardiac ultrasound tech) at Billings Clinic here in town. I work with 2 cardiology PAs who are amazing! One just graduated from RMC last year! :) I have a strong passion to work with the underserved populations here in MT, mostly with Native Americans and IHS. I want to make sure I can clearly express how my clinical experience as an echo tech has allowed me to see first hand what the role of a PA is and their important function as part of the provider team. Do you have any suggestions on certain questions that I should be focusing on? Also, Margia said you meet Bob Wilmouth first, then there is a panel of PAs that you interview with, another panel of physicians, then a group interview- what did you think was the most challenging? Thank you so much for your help! I look forward to meeting you!

~Elliy

What you describe about the interview sounds like they haven't changed much (if anything) from when I interviewed. The process is very straightforward, and Margia is always very gracious with questions and hints/helps. When I interviewed it was my first ever (so I had some 'deer in the headlights' moments), but the process turned out to be much simpler than at other interviews I attended. The panel of PAs is who you want to impress the most (luckily it is first - so you don't have to stress about it all day). No questions caught me off guard. They aren't "testing" you, they're just looking to get to know you. I know it has been said in every advice column ever - but the real answer is, honestly - just relax and be yourself. See you in about a month!

Ok great!!! Thank you so much for the insight! I am so excited/nervous! I will do my very best and hope I am offered a seat! :) Do you have an recommendations for how to practice for the interview? websites with questions? or just the standard questions that are all over this forum? haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived