Jump to content

A Thread for Online Courses (Pre-reqs - Boost GPA)

Recommended Posts

I thought I would create a thread to help all of us out with online courses. Please list any online classes that you've taken, and which school. Tell us whether they were easy, hard, expensive, etc. This should help us find schools and the courses we need without searching all over the internet. 

Two schools I can think off the top of my head for Biochem/Organic/ Genetics are listed below:

Doane:  Biochem and Organic 2 (expensive, medium difficult, and no proctored exams)

Metropolitan Community College: Genetics (cheap, extremely easy, no proctored exams) 

 

And please no "you should take these classes in person" lectures. This thread is to help people who need to take courses online, and to help boost GPA. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/26/2019 at 8:16 AM, TeslaBrain said:

Metropolitan Community College: Genetics (cheap, extremely easy, no proctored exams) 

 

 

Who did you take for Genetics? 

Edited by HEYHEYHEYPA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I would say to watch out for is that some schools specifically say that they don't allow online lab courses. I only say this because I took 2 lab courses online, myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to add one more school to the list:  

 

North Central Missouri College

I teach the following courses online:  Introduction to Chemistry, General Chemistry 1 and 2, Organic Chemistry 1 and 2, College Physics 1 and 2, General Physics 1 and 2, Introduction to Physics, and Introduction to Physical Science.  My colleagues teach other courses such as Anatomy and Physiology, Math, Statistics, etc.  

All students are welcome as we are a small community college and have low tuition (about $200/credit hour).  We are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (the regional accrediting body of the Department of Education).  Since I teach at a small institution, I am flexible with my course offerings as I can offer any of my courses at essentially any time.  

I follow a different approach to education:  I encourage collaboration with others and none of the tests/quizzes/finals are proctored.  Science education research has shown that this approach produces better outcomes than the traditional lecture-memorize approach.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to the thread. BYU independent study has an online anatomy class, microbiology and molecular biology courses online, self paced and relatively affordable. the 3 credit anatomy class is about $600. 

I am looking for an online self paced physiology only course.

Has anyone taken any courses online from Brandman University/ Westcott courses? I see they have a very affordable self paced physiology course but can't find any reviews.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, kmor92 said:

I'm late to the thread. BYU independent study has an online anatomy class, microbiology and molecular biology courses online, self paced and relatively affordable. the 3 credit anatomy class is about $600. 

I am looking for an online self paced physiology only course.

Has anyone taken any courses online from Brandman University/ Westcott courses? I see they have a very affordable self paced physiology course but can't find any reviews.  

Do you know if they include the lab as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, ChemPhysicsInstructor said:

I would like to add one more school to the list:  

 

North Central Missouri College

I teach the following courses online:  Introduction to Chemistry, General Chemistry 1 and 2, Organic Chemistry 1 and 2, College Physics 1 and 2, General Physics 1 and 2, Introduction to Physics, and Introduction to Physical Science.  My colleagues teach other courses such as Anatomy and Physiology, Math, Statistics, etc.  

All students are welcome as we are a small community college and have low tuition (about $200/credit hour).  We are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (the regional accrediting body of the Department of Education).  Since I teach at a small institution, I am flexible with my course offerings as I can offer any of my courses at essentially any time.  

I follow a different approach to education:  I encourage collaboration with others and none of the tests/quizzes/finals are proctored.  Science education research has shown that this approach produces better outcomes than the traditional lecture-memorize approach.  

 

 

Are these all online courses you teach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

University of Vermont: Anatomy & Physiology 1 (nonproctored exams)

Doane: Ethics, Biochem, OChem I, Biology I, Genetics (nonproctored exams, very easy)

MCPHS: Calculus I (Nonproctored exams, self paced- I finished this in a week)

Stonybrook Uni - BioMed Clinical Challenges in the 21st Century (1 month long course, no exams, 1 major project, easy quizzes every week, just need to watch lecture and marked that you watched it at the end)

 

If anyone has a question about any of these courses or schools, LMK, I took them all! 

Edited by mands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mands said:

University of Vermont: Anatomy & Physiology 1 (nonproctored exams)

Doane: Ethics, Biochem, OChem I, Biology I, Genetics (nonproctored exams, very easy)

MCPHS: Calculus I (Nonproctored exams, self paced- I finished this in a week)

Stonybrook Uni - BioMed Clinical Challenges in the 21st Century (1 month long course, no exams, 1 major project, easy quizzes every week, just need to watch lecture and marked that you watched it at the end)

 

If anyone has a question about any of these courses or schools, LMK, I took them all! 

Hey Mands! Thanks for all this information it is very helpful. Have you taken Microbiology anywhere?

I may have to go with UNE because it is more self paced foe my schedule while i believe Doane is not as flexible. I see a lot of negative reviews on UNE and you said you preferred DOANE to UNE can you elaborate why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weber University: Advanced Hematology & Hemostasis MLS5102 (proctored exams, mostly self-paced, medium difficulty, 3 credits)

Good to boost GPA if you do well and a good "upper level science course". I have seen many things I've learned in this course throughout my time in PA school so far!

"This course covers the concepts, analytical methods and clinical correlation of hematology and hemostasis as it applies to the medical laboratory.  In addition to normal functions, the topics will include clinical correlation with various hematological and hemostatic disease processes. Current testing and instrumentation will be included as well as regulatory and competency information. "

 

Other courses at Weber: https://www.weber.edu/mls/ce.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, megtanner35 said:

Hey Mands! Thanks for all this information it is very helpful. Have you taken Microbiology anywhere?

I may have to go with UNE because it is more self paced foe my schedule while i believe Doane is not as flexible. I see a lot of negative reviews on UNE and you said you preferred DOANE to UNE can you elaborate why?

Hi!

I took UNE microbiology! It was very expensive. So, the tuition was one cost. However, in the course you have to buy the lab kit. This is like about $200? Then, when you are doing the lab, there's extra materials you gotta buy on your own. Like, eggs, vinegar, food coloring, lighters. Most people may have these things at home, but I an assure you the common 20-something year old like me does not have white distilled vinegar in their cabinet. So, this was another $30? Then, there are certain labs where you needed like a microscope (even though they have a virtual one they provide, they still want you to have one) which was an extra lump sum of money. On top of this, I purchased online tutoring so it was like $20 a month through chegg if I remember correctly?

 

 

You're right, UNE is awesome for the fact it's self paced. However!! Doane is significantly cheaper and easier! My boyfriend is took it through doane and it's a matter of learning the material, making cheat sheets using the slides/videos (verbatim content!), and doing the labs "online". So, I think you'd be spending less time doing the material, even though it's not self paced. 

 

Another option you could look into, which I don't know much about is university of vermont! i'm taking A&P through there and it seems the same as doane, however it is self paced to my understanding! so, it would be online labs with the lowered cost. however, the course itself is like $4,000 which is hefty 😞

 

Summary - 

Pros of UNE - self paced, you actually learn the material because you're forced to, blackboard was a mess in my opinion (I was finding random assignments due from chapter 1 when I was in the later chapters, etc)

Cons of UNE - You can't really just "google" some of the questions because it's teacher-made, proctored exams, expensive lab kits and materials

 

Pros of Doane - Online lab saves extra cost of buying materials, answers/test banks available online so you can always check work, very easy layout

Cons of Doane - Not self paced, You don't really learn the material if you're just plugging and chugging from google

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mands said:

Hi!

I took UNE microbiology! It was very expensive. So, the tuition was one cost. However, in the course you have to buy the lab kit. This is like about $200? Then, when you are doing the lab, there's extra materials you gotta buy on your own. Like, eggs, vinegar, food coloring, lighters. Most people may have these things at home, but I an assure you the common 20-something year old like me does not have white distilled vinegar in their cabinet. So, this was another $30? Then, there are certain labs where you needed like a microscope (even though they have a virtual one they provide, they still want you to have one) which was an extra lump sum of money. On top of this, I purchased online tutoring so it was like $20 a month through chegg if I remember correctly?

 

 

You're right, UNE is awesome for the fact it's self paced. However!! Doane is significantly cheaper and easier! My boyfriend is took it through doane and it's a matter of learning the material, making cheat sheets using the slides/videos (verbatim content!), and doing the labs "online". So, I think you'd be spending less time doing the material, even though it's not self paced. 

 

Another option you could look into, which I don't know much about is university of vermont! i'm taking A&P through there and it seems the same as doane, however it is self paced to my understanding! so, it would be online labs with the lowered cost. however, the course itself is like $4,000 which is hefty 😞

 

Summary - 

Pros of UNE - self paced, you actually learn the material because you're forced to, blackboard was a mess in my opinion (I was finding random assignments due from chapter 1 when I was in the later chapters, etc)

Cons of UNE - You can't really just "google" some of the questions because it's teacher-made, proctored exams, expensive lab kits and materials

 

Pros of Doane - Online lab saves extra cost of buying materials, answers/test banks available online so you can always check work, very easy layout

Cons of Doane - Not self paced, You don't really learn the material if you're just plugging and chugging from google

 

 

Hi Mands, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions it is much appreciated! 

So it seems like Doane is better for me. What courses have you taken at Doane and what courses have your boyfriend taken at done if you don't mind me asking. Are the exams at Doane Proctored?

What was the final like on UNE i heard it is really hard because the midterms are open book and then the final is closed. I know the courses are hard but I don't want to set myself up for failure because i made a poor university choice!

I am also overseas so it makes it harder to get the kit and communicate with the professors! Are there any online live lessons that are required for Doane? Like will the labs have to be done online live at 9am PST for everyone or can I take the labs when i want. 

Meg 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 8:12 AM, megtanner35 said:

Hi Mands, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions it is much appreciated! 

So it seems like Doane is better for me. What courses have you taken at Doane and what courses have your boyfriend taken at done if you don't mind me asking. Are the exams at Doane Proctored?

What was the final like on UNE i heard it is really hard because the midterms are open book and then the final is closed. I know the courses are hard but I don't want to set myself up for failure because i made a poor university choice!

I am also overseas so it makes it harder to get the kit and communicate with the professors! Are there any online live lessons that are required for Doane? Like will the labs have to be done online live at 9am PST for everyone or can I take the labs when i want. 

Meg 

 

 

Hi! 

Here's a mini review of all the courses I took 🙂

Ethics - 10/10! You read books, reply to 3 discussions a week, and get blessed with lee tasey's philosophy if you choose to watch the lectures. Easiest class i've ever completed! This is an easy A! 

Biochemistry - 7/10. A little more challenging. Answers available online, however can be unreliable so it's good to add someone from the class and compare. I have all my answers saved in a google bank for my bf when he gets to that level, so if you end up taking it shoot me a message! Otherwise, a lot of busy work, but is worth it because you do pick up biochem knowledge! The only annoying thing about this class is theres a video project every week on a subject. Like, why does this pharmaceutical work, etc. Also, there's a big project at the end but it isn't anything over the top crazy that you couldn't do by putting in 2 hours a week. This is an easy A! 

Organic Chem - 9/10. I found this class to be SO fun and straight forward!! Online quizzes, online homework (a little tedious to draw mechanisms online but you get the hang of it), and they're all questions you can grab from chegg/quizlet. This is an easy A! 

Genetics - 10/10. So easy! A few assignments, a quiz, and a lab a week. Lab is *eyeroll* because some of them you had to buy material, but it's nowhere near expensive as a lab kit. I'm talking about like a strawberry and a few household stuff to extract DNA or eggs and vinegar. I would reeeaaalllyy reccomend this class because karen stancil is honestly just ❤️ sweetest ever! This is an easy A! 

Biology I - 9/10. Another karen stancil class! It's a little harder because of the fact that it's so much material so it's 2x the work as genetics. However, it's a lot of opinion-based discussions and like a few quizzes and exams a week. I'd take this if you need it! Doane IS backwards though when it comes to the bio1/2 series. Bio 1 is CELL bio - Bio 2 is ANIMAL bio. So, don't let the names fool you! It's usually the other way around. This is an easy A! 

 

Here's a mini review of michael's courses (because lord knows I was the one helping him with the assignments)! 

Microbio - 8/10. See above! Nothing crazy to report 🙂 I didn't help him too much however, if it's the same professor, it is just homework, nonproctored tests and quizzes and online lab! This is an easy A! 

EDIT: My friend is taking micro through doane these coming weeks! They changed the class! you need a lab kit now! HOWEVER, I will say, I had my boyfriend look what our friend gave of the class... and michael still said it looks about the same... Seems like things are still unproctored, so the lab kit is merely just there to prevent students from going out of their way to buy the things!! So, this one course may not hold up to the review that I had before 🙂 Stay tuned! 

 

Chemistry 1 - 9/10! When I say I held his hand through this class, I mean I HELD his hand! This class was fundamentally easy. A quiz, homework assignment, discussion, and online lab every week! There's also a video project that gets turned in every week, too. This is okay though because it's really simple stuff. If you end up taking this, I can link you some of michael's videos and you can see how goofy it is (trying to get salt and pepper on a balloon, etc). This is an easy A! 

Developmental psych - 7/10 - Errrr, it's a lot of writing and discussion posts, which i'm not a fan of. Also, the exams are open note but we found that a lot of the notes did not correlate with the topics from lecture. Not all the information was readily available by their primary source online either. Not a fan, but if you gotta do it then it really isn't the worst thing in the world! 

 

------

 

Review over! : ) 

So, none of the classes listed above we have taken have proctored exams, so i'm gonna assume it's a no for most if not all! They frankly don't even check your discussion because some people would post some really questionable stuff and I assume get a good grade for it, which is why they kept doing it. Also, no required lectures!! however, you will find some of your professors to be very charming like lee tasey or karen stancil, so you'll want to tune in to just listen to them❤️  As for time zone, you will have to truncate it to the right time. So, doane is in nebraska, so you'll have to calculate their time zone to make sure it's in at that time. I lived in New York so I had to back it up by an hour, or else the assignment would be late. So that might be a challenge for you, bu that's also gonna be the same for UNE. 

 

Okay, for UNE micro final, I remember it to be pretty challenging. So, through the whole course, it was open note, then boom, the final was closed. I managed to get my grade to the high 90s so when I scored a whomping 75 on the final, I still had a hugggeee buffer. If you can, I would say drop it and take it at doane! Of course, the paced thing is a trade off, however, I don't think you need to spend more than 3 hours a day in the week to get all the stuff done. UNE however, you might spend more time studying and trying to fully know ALL the material (which feels impossible for an at home micro class), than you would with a doane class. After I took my first semester at doane, I never looked back to UNE (took micro and physics there)!

 

 

eep i love the questions! lmk if you have anymore ! 

Edited by mands
microbio class info update
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 10:10 PM, mands said:

Hi! 

Here's a mini review of all the courses I took 🙂

Ethics - 10/10! You read books, reply to 3 discussions a week, and get blessed with lee tasey's philosophy if you choose to watch the lectures. Easiest class i've ever completed! This is an easy A! 

Biochemistry - 7/10. A little more challenging. Answers available online, however can be unreliable so it's good to add someone from the class and compare. I have all my answers saved in a google bank for my bf when he gets to that level, so if you end up taking it shoot me a message! Otherwise, a lot of busy work, but is worth it because you do pick up biochem knowledge! The only annoying thing about this class is theres a video project every week on a subject. Like, why does this pharmaceutical work, etc. Also, there's a big project at the end but it isn't anything over the top crazy that you couldn't do by putting in 2 hours a week. This is an easy A! 

Organic Chem - 9/10. I found this class to be SO fun and straight forward!! Online quizzes, online homework (a little tedious to draw mechanisms online but you get the hang of it), and they're all questions you can grab from chegg/quizlet. This is an easy A! 

Genetics - 10/10. So easy! A few assignments, a quiz, and a lab a week. Lab is *eyeroll* because some of them you had to buy material, but it's nowhere near expensive as a lab kit. I'm talking about like a strawberry and a few household stuff to extract DNA or eggs and vinegar. I would reeeaaalllyy reccomend this class because karen stancil is honestly just ❤️ sweetest ever! This is an easy A! 

Biology I - 9/10. Another karen stancil class! It's a little harder because of the fact that it's so much material so it's 2x the work as genetics. However, it's a lot of opinion-based discussions and like a few quizzes and exams a week. I'd take this if you need it! Doane IS backwards though when it comes to the bio1/2 series. Bio 1 is CELL bio - Bio 2 is ANIMAL bio. So, don't let the names fool you! It's usually the other way around. This is an easy A! 

 

Here's a mini review of michael's courses (because lord knows I was the one helping him with the assignments)! 

Microbio - 8/10. See above! Nothing crazy to report 🙂 I didn't help him too much however, if it's the same professor, it is just homework, nonproctored tests and quizzes and online lab! This is an easy A! 

Chemistry 1 - 9/10! When I say I held his hand through this class, I mean I HELD his hand! This class was fundamentally easy. A quiz, homework assignment, discussion, and online lab every week! There's also a video project that gets turned in every week, too. This is okay though because it's really simple stuff. If you end up taking this, I can link you some of michael's videos and you can see how goofy it is (trying to get salt and pepper on a balloon, etc). This is an easy A! 

Developmental psych - 7/10 - Errrr, it's a lot of writing and discussion posts, which i'm not a fan of. Also, the exams are open note but we found that a lot of the notes did not correlate with the topics from lecture. Not all the information was readily available by their primary source online either. Not a fan, but if you gotta do it then it really isn't the worst thing in the world! 

 

------

 

Review over! : ) 

So, none of the classes listed above we have taken have proctored exams, so i'm gonna assume it's a no for most if not all! They frankly don't even check your discussion because some people would post some really questionable stuff and I assume get a good grade for it, which is why they kept doing it. Also, no required lectures!! however, you will find some of your professors to be very charming like lee tasey or karen stancil, so you'll want to tune in to just listen to them❤️  As for time zone, you will have to truncate it to the right time. So, doane is in nebraska, so you'll have to calculate their time zone to make sure it's in at that time. I lived in New York so I had to back it up by an hour, or else the assignment would be late. So that might be a challenge for you, bu that's also gonna be the same for UNE. 

 

Okay, for UNE micro final, I remember it to be pretty challenging. So, through the whole course, it was open note, then boom, the final was closed. I managed to get my grade to the high 90s so when I scored a whomping 75 on the final, I still had a hugggeee buffer. If you can, I would say drop it and take it at doane! Of course, the paced thing is a trade off, however, I don't think you need to spend more than 3 hours a day in the week to get all the stuff done. UNE however, you might spend more time studying and trying to fully know ALL the material (which feels impossible for an at home micro class), than you would with a doane class. After I took my first semester at doane, I never looked back to UNE (took micro and physics there)!

 

 

eep i love the questions! lmk if you have anymore ! 

Omg Mands!

Thank you so much for such an awesome in detail review I really appreciate it! I messaged you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've taken several online classes from community colleges in California. Since I'm a resident here it's very low cost, only a couple hundred dollars per class.

Yuba College: General Biiology w/ Lab (currently taking - it's only 6 weeks long over summer, very fast-paced, but I'm sure during a normal semester would be fine). You can take the course as 3 units alone or add the 1 unit online lab like I did and they send you materials to complete labs at home.

  They also have online Pharmacology, Genetics, and Pathophysiology. Have not taken these yet, will be in the Fall.

Butte College: Current Issues in Biology (fairly easy, lots of assignments but the pace is fine), Cultural Anthropology (easy/moderate), Psychology (easy)

 

Does anyone know of an online Biochemistry course based in California?

 

Edited by alysd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, aeabela said:

Do you know if they include the lab as well?

If you mean for anatomy, yes, byu online has an online lab with the lecture. For physiology I did end up doing brandman/westcott courses and they also have an online physiology lab as part of the course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 9:53 PM, kmor92 said:

If you mean for anatomy, yes, byu online has an online lab with the lecture. For physiology I did end up doing brandman/westcott courses and they also have an online physiology lab as part of the course

Hi! Would you recommend Brandman/westcott courses? I am thinking about taking Human Anatomy with lab with them. I need a self paced and cheap course. Can you talk about your experience with physiology? thanks so much! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I am taking prerequisite courses as well as a couple more advanced science to increase my (very old from way back when) undergrad GPA. All of these have been online, and many have been taken while still working - 

UNE - ANATOMY, 2019 - Class content was excellent, as well as lab (we had to buy a lab kit with actual animal organs to dissect - very cool). Assignments included presentation videos, which I was very nervous about at first, but was SO good for presentation/speaking skill development. Minimal classmate interaction. Tests and Final were medium-hard. Cost was high.

UC BERKELEY - PHYSIOLOGY - late 2019-2020- (Had to withdraw from class in March after family members fell ill but went through 80% of class) - very good class content, thorough review of physiology - some formal written interaction with classmates, prof was nice but nit-picky. I did like the lectures from the assistant prof - she had 15-30 min of lectures per unit, which is a lot for an online class. Tests were challenging. Cost was much lower than UNE.

DOANE - BIOCHEM, MICROBIO, PHYSIOLOGY - 2020 - I LOVE the classmate interaction and the weekly required presentations. My speaking skills have improved so much after all my Doane courses, and the presentations really require you to understand the concept in detail in order to explain it. I also liked the accelerated pace - it helped me keep up and gave me a sense of forced discipline. Sure, you could google your way through everything at Doane but that won't make you a better PA, so learning the material is the way to go here and the profs are all reasonable if you make the effort. Level of difficulty ranged though. Biochem was moderately hard but really interesting, and if you read the book and do the work, you will do well. Prof was great. Microbio was by far the hardest and most time consuming class I've taken yet - it required a good 40 hrs/week for me to excel, and was probably more on the spectrum of a graduate/very upper level undergrad class. BUT - it was by far the best class so far, and I can't emphasize this enough. I will be a better PA someday because I took this course - I still look at the book from time to time to look things up, it really has a ton of info. We not only learned all the infectious diseases of all the body systems, but also had a terrific thorough review of biochem/metabolism, as well as a great unit on immunity. The prof has high expectations but is very reasonable and knows many people have jobs and families too. She also give good feedback. Physiology was a good review of what I had learned at Berkeley but I did learn new things and it also had an exercise physiology / metabolism slant, and so I did learn more through that lens, too. It was the easiest. I have loved my classmates in all my classes - they have been all different ages, from all different places, and it really helps to make the class enjoyable. I find myself really cheering them on and investing in their dreams, too! That was such a great feature of Doane.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO - PATHOPHYSIOLOGY - Taking now through their nursing program. Very good, very detailed and challenging, and a very heavy clinical emphasis. Self paced, very inexpensive.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread!

I have taken from several online schools. 
 

Masters of Science completion through California University of Pennsylvania (2011): Moderate expense, doable while working full time, offers an MPH, projects and papers more than online testing

University of New England: Microbiology (2020) - proctored final, expensive, intensive course, non-proctored quizzes, self paced over 16weeks. Chemistry 1 w/Lab (2020) - proctored mid-term and final (final is non-cumulative), expensive, Hands On Lab is an awesome resource that I really enjoyed, self-paced over 16 weeks. I specifically chose UNE for new to me courses because it is suggested by my top school. I have found the professors extremely easy to work with when you put the effort in. 

Portage Learning - Biology w/lab (2020) - use lockdown browser for all quizzes and final. Inexpensive. Mostly self paced - you have to take 48 hours between each quiz and cannot finish faster than 1mo, you have a year total to finish. Lab section was easy - watch video, talk about lab things on quiz. This was great for my true "retake" course because I've used biology in so many other courses over my career it was just review. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I just a general question about online labs. Are they accepted by the PA schools? I’ve never taken a science class online especially with labs being taught online as well. But with this virus situation,  I might have to because I don’t have a choice. I just want to make sure they are valid and accepted by PA school admission before I take them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashleyashpyy said:

Hi, I just a general question about online labs. Are they accepted by the PA schools? I’ve never taken a science class online especially with labs being taught online as well. But with this virus situation,  I might have to because I don’t have a choice. I just want to make sure they are valid and accepted by PA school admission before I take them. 

You should check the admissions page for each program that you're interested in applying to. Each one has its own policies. Some that typically do not accept online labs are specifying that they're making an exception for Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2020. Some programs don't even require labs at all. There's no general policy across all programs. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, alysd said:

You should check the admissions page for each program that you're interested in applying to. Each one has its own policies. Some that typically do not accept online labs are specifying that they're making an exception for Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2020. Some programs don't even require labs at all. There's no general policy across all programs. Good luck!

I agree with this advice.  

Jeff  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More