Retaking Courses

After receiving a few C's, I know that I will have to retake some classes, and one thing I am concerned about is my university restarted my GPA once I transferred from a CC. So my 3.75 GPA became a 0.00, so even though the classes transferred the GPA doesn't and so there was no cushion when I did poorly in some classes (including an F in both calc 3 and physics). So, I will retake some pre-reqs and I am curious if I retake them at a different CC after graduating, does it matter or is just factored in regardless of the institution I took the class in? Also, does the same apply to my GPA? Just because my University GPA is one way, I would expect it to be different with the other classes from the CC taken into account, GPA-wise? 

If I have confused any with my explanation or what I am asking, I can clarify. Just let me know. Thanks in advance, to anyone whom reaches out. 

Happy Holidays! 

The important gpa at most places is the one that includes all courses taken at all institutions (actually two gpas: science and the overall.)

That your grades at other schools didn’t transfer will mean nothing, since all classes taken at any accredited institution will factor into your gpa.

So yes, you still have a “cushion.” If you had say 100 credits — by some miracle, all As — at one school and 100 credits — by another miracle, all Bs — at another, your CASPA gpa would be a 3.5.

Hope this helps.

There are some schools that look especially at your latest n credits, etc. So take a look at how the schools you are applying to address grades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk