Connecticut Rotations Needed

I just finished up my second semester of didactic year at Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania. I am from Connecticut and would love to set up rotations there. I am more than willing to travel throughout the state for rotations. I am trying to get ahead and decide where I am doing my rotations, but unfortunately don’t have many connections from back home. Does anyone know of an MD/DO or PA in Connecticut that would be interested in having a PA student for a 5-week rotation during the May/June 2020 – May 2021 time frame?

We need rotations in the following areas:

- Emergency Medicine

- Family Medicine

- General Surgery

- Internal Medicine

- Pediatrics

- Psychiatry

- Women’s Health

We also are able to have an elective rotation, which I would like to spend in cardiothoracic surgery/cardiology if at all possible. I am also open to an elective in neurology/neurosurgery instead, as this also interests me.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Before you get ahead of yourself I highly recommend you wait until your program gives you the green light.

You likely will not be able to set up all of those rotations on your own.  For example, my program only allowed us to set up certain rotations (i.e primary care, women health, and elective).  The rest were required to be rotations already established by the program.  There is a LOT of paperwork that goes into new rotation sites that programs have to do (like vet the site and ensure it will meet ARC-PA standards) and you may have limitations.  There are also potential issues with sites/preceptors requiring payment which is a whole new can of worms.

It's great to try and establish connections but that might better be done by joining your state chapter vs soliciting potential preceptors before you have all the information your program can provide to you.