VA HPSP 2020

I emailed Scott today asking about if the selection will be rolling or if we will have to wait until June 5th now since the deadline was extended. He told me they were make rolling selections. So officially can confirm they will be making rolling selections this cycle.

Edited by Jminugh

Unless it has changed, I logged back into USAJOBS and it stated "referred on" or something like that. After that I got an email directly from the VA stating I was in the group for possible selection.  Then they updated with either you got it, are still being considered for the next round or did not get it.  I believe it was a few days between rounds.  I was selected in the third round, but I am unsure how many they have total. Best of luck!

17 minutes ago, ellebellepa said:

where can you check the status? Could you share the link if possible? Thanks, and good luck everyone!

You can log back into your account and it should be at the bottom under applications. Mine still says received but I applied this week so maybe it hasn’t been reviewed yet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jminugh said:

I also got an email that I was referred to the selection committee today! It said that for the PA scholarship the status will be updated and you will be notified within 60 days if you are selected, alternate, not selected. Good luck to everyone!

I wonder is this only the PA scholarship or have other professional school applicants been notified

On 5/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jminugh said:

I also got an email that I was referred to the selection committee today! It said that for the PA scholarship the status will be updated and you will be notified within 60 days if you are selected, alternate, not selected. Good luck to everyone!

How many days between application submission and change to referred?

16 minutes ago, crose311 said:

Should I be worried if I haven’t heard anything yet? Submitted my application on 4/28 for ABSN program. 

I wouldn’t. It’s still kinda early. In other forums, most people said it took two weeks before they received the email! It seems like they’re emailing people each day. 

27 minutes ago, Ken313627 said:

I wouldn’t. It’s still kinda early. In other forums, most people said it took two weeks before they received the email! It seems like they’re emailing people each day. 

Just got the email I have been referred to committee!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamwall said:

Did you apply with one year left or two?

Haha I’m actually entering pharmacy school so I have 4 years! Not a PA student but this forum was really helpful for me lol. This is the first year they’ve opened it up to pharmacy so I’m excited. I’ll probably be lower on the priority list since I have 4 whole years left 😞

• Like 1