I passed the PANCE on the sixth attempt in the sixth year!!- posted to encourage

ditto 1+ what Contrarian said.....

Sorry to say you don't get that many "do-overs" as it pertains to patient care...

And for lack of a better analogy Alec baldwin's rant "....when patients pray, who do you think they're praying to?..... In this case... Pray EXTRA hard....

Lol

• 3 months later...

You are an inspiration.I have been a PA for 34 years and let my certification lapse.I have tried the PANCE TO REGAIN my certification five times and missed it just under the 350mark.Depressed,angry and frustarted that I am competing with recent gradEs is quite overwhelming.

I presently work as a PA in a remote community in a foreign country where my skills are utilized.I have saved lives and give medical care to the underprivilged and feel very fulfilled but still have tried all the avenues in studying but still remain not successful.I am not giving up but maybe you could give me some suggestion.I am a Christain and I constantly pray no matter what the outcomes happen.

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad for you and am looking up to you right now! I failed PANCE the first time last year so I really want to pass this time. I am considering the 5-day CME Resource in Chicago. I took the Kaplan review with Jim Van Rhee online before I took it the first time but I did not pass. What else do you recommend that I focus on? Also, can you please email me the Packrats you used to study, wbrindle47@gmail.com. I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please stop that bashing. It's an unfair assumption with little basis.

Most of the folks with little HCE have high GPAs to compensate. It's more likely that the struggle for someone like that is at rotations or clinical practice. The board exam would have been right up their alley. The reverse also applies.

I'm more inclined to think that the OP has some issue that needed accommodations he/she never asked for. It might be a lack of general medical knowledge as well, or being a very bad test taker.

I would rather be seen by a PA that needed multiple attempts to pass(regardless she did pass) then a PA that is so cold and insensitive to go out of their way to berate and insult a person who was trying to help others struggling with a positive message. If you have issues with the rules regarding PANCE procedures or just want to bash a subject start a different post and let this woman enjoy her accomplishment.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So is there no limit to the number of times you can take the PANCE? For some reason I thought you were only allowed to take it a set amount of times (e.g. 3 times before you are done).

Thanks in advance for any insight offered!

The limit is six attempts in six years. After that, you're SOL (and I would argue likely SOL anyway if you haven't passed by the third attempt.) Statistically the chances of passing after 2 failures are infinitesimally small.

Archived