I am currently waitlisted at two schools. I am sitting at #9 on the waitlist at one and unsure where I am at the second program. The second program does not give any information on where the student is on the list, but they do inform us that it is ranked based off of our interview score. I am getting extremely impatient but am trying to stay positive!! I was wondering if I should reach out to the second program to inform them of any changes to my application since my interview date in September. I have gained about 450 PCE hours and have started volunteering again. Do you think it will do any good to share this info?
I have been accepted to two schools so far. I am getting very close to the deadline to decide which program I will attend and have put deposits down at both schools. I am having trouble making a final decision because I like both schools. Can anyone share advice as to what factors and criteria are most important in making my decision.
School A: in-state, just below average PANCE, 1 clinical elective, longer didactic days, 4 semesters of didactic, 60 person class, no research paper. Friendly staff and very welcoming. I had a really good feeling being there and enjoyed how nice everyone was. School provides housing if rotations are very far.
School B: out-of-state, above average PANCE with prep course, 2 clinical electives, 2 primary care rotations, shorter didactic days (more time to sleep/study), 3 semesters of didactic, 40 person class, research paper. I met less staff but I liked those I met. Had a good experience at interview but not amazing (MMI interviews). School does not provide housing for rotations, but seemed that most are local.
If anyone has any advice on choosing a program I would greatly appreciate it!
I am so indecisive & narrowed my options to Pace University and Northeastern University. The thing is, I have been accepted to Northeastern PA/MPH portion which is more expensive than the typical PA track. Also, I currently live in NYC so Pace will be financially convenient for me. However, I have heard good things about Northeastern's reputation & always wanted to move out of state.
If anyone has good advice, please let me know! THANK YOU
Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!
Who else has been offered a seat?
I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.
Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA?
What neighborhoods are you looking at?
Looking for roommates?
Need information on Chicago?
When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere?
Where are you coming from?
What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?
Hey guys! I’m just starting my clinical year and our programs gives us the opportunity to do an out of area rotation if we set it up ourselves. I am a registered Sonographer with 4 years experience and am looking for an IR rotation in the NYC/NJ area since I’ll be moving there after graduation.
If anyone has any contacts or advice it would be greatly appreciated!