Was just accepted off the waitlist from one of my top choice programs and boy does it feel good!! I'm not sure how much ranking plays but this was certainly a reach school for me. 

Stats for this cycle: 

27 y/o M 

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.22

GRE: 309. 4.5 writing. 

PCE: 4010 hours as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist 

Shadowing: 18 hours with an OBGYN PA // 30 hours with a senior cardiology PA // 75 hours with a GI PA

Volunteer: 100 hours at a senior center // 50 hours as an Anatomy & Physiology tutor. Thousands of hours in extracurriculars as a choreographer and public relations officer 

LOR: MD director of our Nuclear stress lab, Senior Cardiology PA, Anatomy and Physiology professor 

Degree: BS in Nuclear Medicine Technology 

Interviews: 2 (still waiting to hear back from other programs) 

Waitlisted: 1 

Acceptances: 1

Graduated undergrad in 2015 with a 2.9 cGPA and a 3.0 sGPA. 

Retook \~55 credits and recieved a 3.8 post-bac sGPA with classes in biochemistry, microbiology, A/P, organic chemistry, gen bio, gen chem, psychology, genetics, and calculus to name a few

It IS possible to get into PA school with a low gpa! I had zero interviews on my first cycle. I Improved my second-time application by making my PS a KILLER, improving PCE hours, and making myself look like a well-rounded applicant to make up for my low GPA. I was asked about my GPA right off the bat during both my interviews and how I planned on succeeding in a rigorous didactic program so be prepared to answer these types of questions! I also felt that what gave me an advantage over others was the fact that I am in a niche field and that as someone whos trained in nuclear medicine I am able to provide insight on these types of studies and help my peers understand/read nuclear studies! Don't be afraid to flex on certain characteristics on your profile that makes you unique! 

Good luck everyone!

Edited by mly3025
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1