Did not Pass the PANCE

1 hour ago, PAcandidate7002 said:

What is the time-frame and number of tries? I can't find this anywhere. Despite failing you are better prepared to be a PA than anyone who has not gone to school. Definitely try again. It is far easier the second time. 

6 years post graduation from an accredited PA program or 6 tries whichever comes first on the NCCPA website 

https://www.nccpa.net/pance-eligibility

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, Pastudent463 said:

You can still work as a PA in some places without passing the boards. My first rotation was in a federal prison and you were allowed to work there without passing the PANCE. The VA might be the same way as well but not as sure on that one. 

I believe it is a 2-yr max with a temp license at the VA.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

i'm super curious about working in the prison system and would jump at the opportunity. In fact, my favorite rotation was my psych rotation along with the ER. Anyone have any contacts to share by chance in the prison's or anywhere that might take a PA that hasn't been able to pass her boards? I ask as I'm on my 5th try taking the PANCE and am needing to keep looking around. 

Thank you so much in advance.

Kipley

619-459-9392

Feel free to contact me..thanks again. 

• Upvote 1