Experience Description

I am sure this has been asked before, if so, please forward it to me. But when writing out the description and responsibilities of your various experiences, should the format be a list/bullet point or more of a thoughtful written out paragraph? 

What I have so far (in an excel sheet), is a list of my responsibilities with a small blurb of something I learned during that experience. 

Here is an example of one of my work experiences:

Active duty Navy, worked in hospitals on land and sea            
Prepared operating room for surgery                
In charge of setting up sterile supplies                
Assisted the nurse and/or PA in positioning the patient on the operating table        
Prepped the patient by shaving, washing, and disinfecting the surgical site        
Applied sterile surgical drapes on the patient               
Passed surgical instruments to the physician               
Assisted the physician during the surgery                
Sutured incision site                  
Applied wound dressings                  
Learned that each member of the operating room team, regardless of education level, plays a vital role in the patient's safety

Any advice/experience is much appreciated

Emily 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:50 AM, rfo1234 said:

Description > bulletin points. Be detailed ! It's really the only place you have on your application to explain your role and responsibilities aside from a resume (if they ask for one, not all programs do). Also, include what you learned if you're adding shadowing experiences. 

Thank you so much