USciences Accreditation

I recently accepted an invitation to interview on 12/10, and while I was researching the program I saw that they lost their probationary accreditation status for the PA program in 2017 and are in the process of reapplying. Does anyone have any information on why they lost their accreditation? Is this a school I should continue to pursue?

I am also interviewing on the 10th! As to their accreditation, I believe that in March they are getting probationary accreditation. I'm not sure exactly why they lost it, but I read somewhere they there were 10 violations in 2017. That being said I know it seems risky but I've been there and the facilities are very modern and I think its worth pursuing!

On 12/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, PassionForPA19 said:

Hey! I applied to the university of the science’s too! When did you submit your application? I didn’t know they were applying for accreditation and applied late in November, hopefully it’s not too late. 

I actually applied in November too! I think around the 12th was when I applied, so I'd imagine you would hear back soon too!

On 12/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, PassionForPA19 said:

Awesome, thank you! Let us know how the interview process goes! I also heard they have a great new faculty and facilities. I'm excited to hear back from them soon hopefully!

I was really impressed with the interview and the school! The faculty and curriculum is all brand new, and the director has a lot of great experience and is super relatable and approachable. The interview consisted of two faculty interviews, two short writing assignments that were 20 minutes each, and a tour. Last week was actually their first interview day and there was only 8 of us there so I’d imagine they still have a lot of people to get back to! But of the three programs I’ve interviewed at so far I’ve been the most impressed with this one! I also interviewed at Arcadia and Temple.

• Upvote 1

Also as far as the accreditation, they didn’t tell us what went wrong but they basically started from scratch with this program- entirely new staff and curriculum and everything. The director has been moving from PA programs who need help getting accredited or out of probation and all of them have been successful so I’m not concerned about it anymore really!

On 12/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, nts19 said:

Definitely not! They've only had one interview day so far and there was only 8 of us, and their deadline isn't until March I think!

I just sent in my app! Hopefully I hear something back. I've applied to a lot of schools in PA and Im still waiting back on DeSales, PCOM and Penn State. Do you mind me asking what your stats were applying?

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, dgrasso said:

Hi! Would any one be able to explain a little bit about the writing prompts please? 
Thanks!

There's two prompts that each consist of 2 questions, and you get 20 mins for each one. They're usually either ethical type questions or about what qualities you think a PA should possess, pros/cons of working in healthcare, etc.

• Like 1