EM/Solo Provider Alaska Jobs

Hi All,

I am interested in working in Alaska and I have a particular interest in emergency medicine. I am a practicing physician assistant with 3+ years working in a main ED in a Level III trauma center. I am currently licensed in both Washington state and Alaska and I wanted to reach out to see if anyone is currently working in emergency medicine in Alaska.

I have also seen many job postings for family medicine with ER on call but I have never worked as a solo provider and many of these are in remote locations. Can anyone speak on their experience working as a solo provider in Alaska, particularly if this was your first job in that role? 

I would greatly appreciate any insight or job leads and feel free to respond here or DM me!

Thanks,

Christopher

The vast majority of "Solo Practitioner" jobs in AK are in reality Family Practice jobs out in small villages across the state where you are it! Emergencies of every stripe occur in the villages and you are the recipient of it all! So ER  skills are valuable as are FM/FP, Ortho, GS, IM, Peds! I been working in Ak since the early 90's and I've yet to find PAs doing straight EM in any of the hospitals up here. There are plenty of jobs if you are looking to go remote!

• Upvote 1