would it look bad if I do medical lab tech and lpn at the same time? even though I already have a BS degree with a gpa lower than 3.0? I still would like to have some experience working in the laboratory, for my own personal pleasure( I was pursuing path a for a while but I dropped that) but mlt is 2 years and im struggling financially that's why I thought of LPN. im a CNA so I work closely with LPNs so I get to see most of what they do everyday. basically both can help with my GPA, according to CASPA mlt and nursing counts as science GPA. mlt looks very interesting and fun but is 2 years and lpn im familiar with the field and is quicker. I guess in my head is when im done with lpn I can start working as im finishing up mlt and then work part time as a lpn and full time as a mlt. im not interested in an accelerated bsn because I don't want to take that spot away from someone that really wants it plus being a nurse is not my end goal. I want to be able to be financially stable and enjoying myself while im continuing to move forward with my pa application. I would be attending a community college in which will be cheaper.

Seems like a lot of extra work (and tuition) to do both.

If you're getting a B.S, you could consider doing a 4+1 and just get certified as a medical technologist (better pay than an MLT, more opportunities).

If your end goal is PA school, I'd get the LPN, work and get direct hands on patient care experience, and then once you are financially able take the upper level science courses needs to beef up your PA school application.

If lab work really interests you, I'd strongly suggest you consider your end goal.  Being a lab tech and a PA are ENTIRELY different.  Just make sure you know what you're getting into with PA.