IHC only hiring NP's for the ICU at IMC??

Hi Utah PA's. I applied for an ICU job a couple years ago and was told by a critical care doc friend that the ICU at Intermountain Medical Center was currently only hiring NP's. Is this still the case? I find it suprising that they advertise for a PA trauma/critical care residency but won't hire a PA. How is the current job market in Utah for PA's when compared to NP's? Is Intermountain Health Care(IHC) becoming less PA friendly?

Can’t speak to critical care specifically, but I knew an ER doc at McKay who said their group only hires NPs. Other places (Logan, Orem) staff with PAs, and I’ve even seen some PAs solo covering the more rural Intermountain hospitals (Sanpete, Garfield).

The cardiology clinic at IMC hires both PAs and NPs, and both rotate days covering the inpatient cards service too.

LDS’s medical unit only uses physicians, but the cancer floor has a few PAs and NPs.

I know a couple of primary care PAs who work for Intermountain, one of whom is the APP Director of Family Medicine.