New Grad Cardiology Contract

• 2 weeks later...

This is great. I made 90s to 110k in my first three years doing cardiology inpatient/outpatient, albeit in a low cost of living area. From what I’ve seen of salary reports compiled from employer submitted W2s for cardiology PAs, this is a competitive offer. The PTO is not horrible and they offer tail. Hopefully CME allowance is good too, but that’s icing on the cake.  If you’re regularly working 50 hour weeks instead of 40 that will lower your hourly rate but I don’t recommend worrying about that, especially as a new grad. I also wouldn't worry too much about the 2 year term - that time will pass quick and as long as there isn’t a draconian termination clause (eg you have to give over 3 mo notice if you want to leave, or financial penalties in excess of repaying the modest sign on bonus), there is no real drawback because a raise is built into year 2. 

As you gain years of experience you can further refine future offers to your liking. 

If you get good vibes and feel like you’ll learn a lot in this environment, and you enjoy the challenge and fun of caring for cardiac patients, take this job! And congratulations!

Edited by seekingtruths
  • Upvote 1