MHA vs PA

Hello,

I am currently struggling to decide which field I want to pursue ( Master's in Health Administration  vs Physician Assistant). I want to interact with patients but I also want to focus on managing hospitals and program implementation. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do that could expose my to both of my interests or if one has a higher job demand than the other? Any feedback is appreciated! 

5 hours ago, JD2012 said:

You might be able to accomplish this as a PA with also an MPH. Some programs will have dual-degree programs. 

This is true, you CAN, but as someone who DID, I wouldn't recommend it.

OP you will likely have to do multiple things (jobs, shadowing, etc) to get exposure to both fields.  PA work is almost exclusively clinical.  MHA is largely administrative.  Sure you can do both and some folks opt to take on more admin after years of purely clinical work.  But it sounds to me like you should get some experience and pick one or the other.