I'll be starting school in the summer and I'm trying to figure out what device to use for notes/studying.. I currently have an older macbook air, but am trying to decide if I should get an iPad Pro or Air to supplement it or go all new and get a Surface Pro?? Or just get a newer macbook? Any advice?? Do many people use tablets or are laptops better?

If you're a happy Mac person, DO NOT go with a Windows device.  Personally, I'm quite partial to a full featured MacBook Pro, but doodling on drawings has always been something analog for me, never digital. I do have and use iPads, but never did in the context of taking notes in PA school

Accepted but not a PA-S yet.

I decided to attempt the tablet style note taking a few semesters ago. I was lucky enough to borrow an iPad Pro and apple pencils while I was in biochemistry. I was able to download all the powerpoints into one note and wrote and highlite on the slides and write down equations and examples. I loved it and it sold me on the concept. I’ll be grabbing an iPad Pro before I start the program.
Also I’m deeply invested in the iEcosystem so Apple is my only feasible option.

Not quite what you are after, but it’s my plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro