FP Job offer, Need Your help

3MD and 2PA group.

F/T 37-40 @ 45/hr

2wks paid time off, Vacation, illness, CME effective after 3mo

6 paid holiday after 3mo

1500 per yr to be reimburse for Professional fees, licenses, Malpractice ins, state licensing fees, NCCPA fees.

Non-compete clause with seven miles after 2yrs.

No other benefits offered.

This offer is for a friend, recent grad, attended PA sch in NY, moved to Texas. Will appreciate your thought.

I say go for it but only for 1yr. The reason...no benefits. But at least your friend will get experience, learn how to do billing, and FP is a good way to start. From there your friend my want to go into IM...if so then he can target the senior patients. If your friend decides on peds(?!) then he can target the younger patients,get my meaning? FP is very diverse and this gives your friend a chance to experience it all. They have a difficult time making a non-compete clause stick, at least they do in IL. Good luck to your friend on whatever he decides.

I know it varies by area but isnt that really darn good for FP? I have been hearing numbers more on the 70-80k side....it seems like the extra is for the lack of benefits....

I would think twice about a job that didn't offer medical/dental/vision but for 90k as a new grad it might be worthwhile...

..not providing med/dental/vision coverage sets a of red flag. Secondly, grouping CME time, Vacation & PTO together also raise a red flag. He's expected to work M-F and every other Saturday. He's not getting paid time and half for work over 40hrs/wk which I think is illegal. He's been promised "possible bonus" to be discussed in the near future*(another red flag). Non-compete clause within seven miles after 2yrs was later discarded.

My dad lives in Sugarland, very nice area. I just think it is weird not to offer med/dental insurance. The pay seems great though.

I am sorry, what is a non-compete vs compete clause?!

If Im not mistaken that means if someone was to take this job, they could not work for another FP office within 7 miles because of competition....the fear is that patients who like you would follow you which would mean a loss of profit to the MD that first hired you

Archived