New Grad Urgent Care Offer

I will graduate in December, and I've just been offered an Urgent Care position in a busy UC clinic in the Midwest. The clinic is based in a growing metro area and after one year I will be expected to see 25+ patients daily. The clinic is comprised primarily of PAs and NPs with at least one physician staffed at each clinic location. 4 to 6 month training period depending on comfort level. 

• 0.9 FTE at 50/hr
  • 3, 12 hour shifts/week and working every 4th weekend.
  • 1.5x OT differential 
  • 401k but not matched until one year of service. After one year, employer will contribute 50% of each dollar up to 2% of annual pay. Match is then 100% vested at that time
  • 26 days PTO, unsure about rolling over into the following year
  • $2500/yr for CME. Employer covers DEA/licensing
  • $3500 moving allowance
  • Good health insurance with dental and vision
  • Malpractice with tail
  • 2 year noncompete at any other urgent care within 5 miles of "home" location (there is opportunity outside a 5 mile radius, so I'm not terribly concerned with this)
  • Xray, lab on site 
  • No production bonus

Does this look like a solid offer? I would like there to be a productivity bonus, but its not a deal-breaker. I want to ask for 1.0 FTE for the extra assistance in paying back student loans also. Would it be unreasonable to ask for a sign on bonus as well?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ndpa1

Good offer, but not having 401k for the first year kind of sucks, but whatever and even after that it's only 2%. See if you can try to get that to 3%. I am not sure if they would give you a sign on bonus, but here is how you can compensate. Ask them to remove the relocation assistance if you don't need it and replace it with a higher base salary ($55/hr). This way your base salary is about 9k higher and you can get a higher OT rate as well.

25+ patients is a lot for a new grad. How soon are you suppose to see that many patients? If after 6 months, that should be fine. It is nice they have other providers at the location for help. Clarify this and make sure they are big on teaching.

Good luck!

Edited by futurepa588