Sign in to follow this  
Onigokko0101

Can I work in The Netherlands with a US Degree?

I am just curious if The Netherlands accepts US degrees. I am currently pre-PA and one of my dreams is to be able to use my job to travel, and I would absolutely love to go there as I know they are one of the few countries with the PA profession currently.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:23 PM, Onigokko0101 said:

I am just curious if The Netherlands accepts US degrees. I am currently pre-PA and one of my dreams is to be able to use my job to travel, and I would absolutely love to go there as I know they are one of the few countries with the PA profession currently.

PA is less recognized internationally than a DO is.  If practicing medicine around the world is your goal, you'd be much better off going to medical school, as US trained MD's can work pretty much anywhere.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rev ronin said:

PA is less recognized internationally than a DO is.  If practicing medicine around the world is your goal, you'd be much better off going to medical school, as US trained MD's can work pretty much anywhere.

I agree. It is somewhat better today, but I entered PA school way back in 1979 with the goal of living abroad for my whole career. I had a few gigs overseas, but finding opportunities took a huge amount of work and there is even fewer today. However, everywhere I went, they were lusting for American doctors . . . just not PAs. If I were a new graduate, I would try and get a job in the UK.