HPSP and HSCP

55 minutes ago, catsandscrubs said:

Yeah, I just called her to check in and she said they only gave out 3 scholarships for over 60 applicants. Didn’t get it but wishing you guys all the best!! 

Was this for HPSP or HSCP? I talked to my recruiter today and he said they haven’t received the HSCP Dec board results yet, and if you are not selected you will be notified as well

15 hours ago, catsandscrubs said:

@miaswift I applied to both. My recruiter made it seem like I wasn’t selected for either and there was only 3 scholarships total? I was confused for most of the call actually because I thought there was a couple HPSP and then more HSCP (60 ish?). 

If I'm not mistaken,  I heard this cycle there were 20 HSCP spots and 2 HPSP spots for Navy PA. 

If you don't have military background, some military lingo might get lost in translation,  so if you feel confused about anything,  ask them to clarify. 

You shouldn't end a call like that still confused. Make the recruiter work for what they get paid to do. 🙂

4 hours ago, cmf013 said:

I just found out that I was selected for HSCP. I hope those that did not get it reapply or if you are an alternate get that opportunity. Maybe I will cross paths with you all in the future.  I wish you all luck and much success! 

Congratulations! 

Make sure when you swear in, you have appointments for getting your military ID set up. Also make sure they have the banking info for direct deposit,  and finally make sure you set up appointment to set up mypay account. You don't want to have any problems with getting paid. 

If you haven't join us at the Navy PA HSCP group on Facebook. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, moleashish said:

Congratulations! 

Make sure when you swear in, you have appointments for getting your military ID set up. Also make sure they have the banking info for direct deposit,  and finally make sure you set up appointment to set up mypay account. You don't want to have any problems with getting paid. 

If you haven't join us at the Navy PA HSCP group on Facebook. 

Thank you for the heads up, I appreciate your help!  I will try to get those things in order as soon as I do swear in. I just joined the FB group yesterday too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 8:23 PM, eccentricmedic said:

I am in the middle of preparing my packet. Although I haven’t been accepted anywhere yet, my recruiter has me filling out everything I can right now. What is the likelihood of actually getting the HSCP?? Are we talking hundreds of other applicants? Thousands?

Apologies for the late late response. I applied 2018 and there were 18 quotas, and my recruiter told me that there were 20 something that had applied at the time I applied. I will say, the applicant number varies but I don't think it's in 100 ranges, definitely not 1000s. 

Did you end up applying?

• 2 weeks later...