HPSP and HSCP

I am beginning school January 2020 with a graduation date of January 2022. I want to join the Navy as a PA upon gradation and have looked into both the HPSP and HSCP programs. I contacted the medical recruiter for my area who said that the Navy releases quotas for both programs in October for each year and that this year the quota was zero, meaning there are no spots available for either program. He said to check back in next October. I was discouraged when hearing this so I was wondering if anyone else received the same information? Is there anything I can do in the meantime rather than having to wait until next October to apply for the programs (with the hope that there are spaces available then)?

Hmm....0 for both programs? Sounds odd. They have done 0 for HPSP in the past. Could be that they are downsizing. Despite trump’s promise to increase the size of the marine force by 10 battalions, they were actually downsizing right after I left.

you can look into the Air Force HPSP. You can apply for both if slots become available. Could consider direct commissioning into the Army if it’s just about loans, but I imagine your going to want some walking around money.

• Like 1

I am not sure where the recruiter got that information, last I saw and heard from another medical recruiter was that there were 20 quotas for PA. I recently just submitted my whole packet to be reviewed by the board and the new fiscal year started October 1st. There is also a FB group Navy HSCP if you have any questions or need assistance ask the group. 

• Upvote 1

Hey @PA156As @cmfoster13 mentioned, one of the medical Officer recruiter on Navy Hscp FB page posted 20 quotas for PA. Please check the fb page out and double check with the recruiter. 0 quotas sounds very strange. Btw I am using HSCP right now and started my application in December. Was fortunate to be selected,  so don't lose hope just yet. If you need questions regarding the application send me a message and I'll help you with what I can. 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:35 PM, moleashish said:

Hey @PA156As @cmfoster13 mentioned, one of the medical Officer recruiter on Navy Hscp FB page posted 20 quotas for PA. Please check the fb page out and double check with the recruiter. 0 quotas sounds very strange. Btw I am using HSCP right now and started my application in December. Was fortunate to be selected,  so don't lose hope just yet. If you need questions regarding the application send me a message and I'll help you with what I can. 

Thank you for your help @moleashish! I checked out the Facebook page and you're both right.. it does say 20 quotas for PA. I'm not sure why the medical recruiter in my area told me there were 0. He didn't seem too interested in helping me as I have emailed him twice following up with our phone call and haven't gotten a response. Is it appropriate to reach out to a different medical recruiter, or is there only one medical recruiter for each area? And how would I find a different medical recruiter? I'm very new to this process so I'm not sure what the next best step would be

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, miaswift said:

I submitted my kit for PA HSCP in November, for December boards. Has anyone heard if there are any remaining spots, or will there only be alternate positions available now? Hoping to hear back from them 

I think your recruiter will have more accurate info regarding your questions. 

It is holiday season so things might be moving slower right now. 

I had started mine in December 2017, completed in February 2018, and accepted in April 2018. 

• Like 1

@cmfoster13 @miaswift

You guys may already be aware of this, but I just learned from my recruiter that the board didn't meet in November as planned. So now they are supposed to be meeting sometime this month, but he isn't sure when. Looks like our chances of hearing anything before the holidays are slim. Crossing my fingers that it's sooner rather than later! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey! I submitted my Navy HPSP and HSCP packet in October to be reviewed. I haven’t heard anything and am getting super nervous because I was told that last year applicants heard before thanksgiving. I am trying not to freak out and my recruiter has been amazing but was wondering if anyone is in my same boat for submitting their packet in October for November review and hasn’t hear anything? I was confused about the timeline and wanted to hear other people’s experiences haha 

Thanks 🙂 

M

Edited by catsandscrubs

• 3 weeks later...