25% Waste on spending

This statement:

Does such high waste mean our health care system broken?

Shows how out of touch the authors are.  The fact that they posed a question-"gosh, is our health care system broken?" Leads me to suspect this was written by someone with a looming deadline.

And what's up with this asshat?

Shrank is hopeful about the state of the health care system. “Considering that we have so many good things in our health care system, if we take a more active role to eliminate waste, address affordability, and improve care, we don’t need to fundamentally disrupt the health care system,” he said.

This sounds like an ass kissing administrator.  The system currently looks like an inverted triangle, with more administration at the top than boots on the ground.  Just my simple opinion.

Guest HanSolo
23 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Noticed that the "providers" mentioned in the article were only physicians and nurse practitioners.  Shows how much work we have to do.

I read it as PAs are 100% efficient and contribute to zero waste in the medical system, so it would clearly have been erroneous to include us.