Alternative for Interview

Yesterday, I received an update on my application to UNMC that I was placed on the alternative list for interviews.  As a first time applicant who is also an in state resident, I was discouraged to hear this.  Does anybody have any success stories concerning being an alternative for an interview and then ultimately getting accepted?  I am trying to stay optimistic yet realistic.  I accepted my place on the alternative list and have heard that some people have declined their option to interview already.

I did apply to other schools, however I have not heard back from any of them concerning an interview.  My stats aren't amazing, so I did not expect to hear back from many out of state schools.  I was confident about UNMC though as I am an in state resident and went to university in state as well.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, GBRPA said:

I did apply to other schools, however I have not heard back from any of them concerning an interview.  My stats aren't amazing, so I did not expect to hear back from many out of state schools.  I was confident about UNMC though as I am an in state resident and went to university in state as well.

if you don't get in this application cycle work on boosting up your stats ( GPAs, HCE, volunteering) . Also work on REALLY GOOD LORs from providers that have worked with you. You can also make sure you have a good personal statement and work on answering potential questions that will be asked if you are offered an interview in the future ( this will help make you more confident for the real thing). Good luck. Don't quit.