I want to make sure the school I choose to attend is the best fit for me.

What components did you consider when deciding on a program to attend? What components do you wish you had considered in the decision process?

Common factors that come to my mind are:

1. program location
  2. cost
  3. accreditation status

I am curious about other not-so-common components, particularly those that one would only know of with the help of hindsight. 

For example, program culture is a factor that was recently brought to my attention that I had not previously considered. Any thoughts?

Everyone will have a different take on this, as it's very subjective. For me, considering the faculty and how well I jived with them was very important. Class size was also something I paid attention to. Consider the school's connections with surrounding rotation sites and see if they have quality rotations for the students. Consider resources for students including on-campus counseling, cadaver labs, etc. 

I also considered the length of school (I wanted 24 months), at least 2 elective rotations, PANCE rate, curriculum, whether it’s on a school campus or has its own building/space, and of course, the vibes I got during my interview.

Apply to all schools you can. Get acceptance letters. Rank accepted programs from Highest PANCE pass rate to Lowest PANCE pass rates. Pick Top 3. Go to cheapest.

Now if you're like me:
Apply to all schools you can. Only get accepted to 1 Program. Be Happy : ) 

• Upvote 1

Program start date and end date. You'll graduate somewhere between 6-18 months sooner than the vast majority of people from your application cycle by selecting a program with a January start date. 

• Upvote 2