Retaking classes question!!

Hi! I was wondering about the retake system.

I know that if I were to retake the same course, the GPA would be averaged out, but when I put my application through does the school look at the higher grade to count towards the pre req grade minimum?

so I received a B- in A&P 2 but the school i am interested in requires B or higher. I am planning to retake this course at a different school, like a community college after I graduate my 4-year college. Say that I received an A in that course, When I apply for this school, does the school use the B- or the A to satisfy the course, or do they average out again?

thanks!

3 hours ago, Jiwon said:

Hi! I was wondering about the retake system.

I know that if I were to retake the same course, the GPA would be averaged out, but when I put my application through does the school look at the higher grade to count towards the pre req grade minimum?

so I received a B- in A&P 2 but the school i am interested in requires B or higher. I am planning to retake this course at a different school, like a community college after I graduate my 4-year college. Say that I received an A in that course, When I apply for this school, does the school use the B- or the A to satisfy the course, or do they average out again?

thanks!

In CASPA you are able to match the course of your choosing to the pre-req courses required by the program. So basically you get to choose which of the courses you will designate to the pre-req section, as long as it meets the appropriate description/requirements.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1