The tier system of the selection process

Test Group A (100 Applicants) Test Group B (100 Applicants) Test Group C (100 Applicants) =TOTAL (300)

Test Group A (20 TOP STUDENTS WILL BE SELECTED)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Number of Students

[/TD]

[TD]Grade Averages

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]0

[/TD]

[TD]100%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]90-95%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]80-90%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]50

[/TD]

[TD]70-80%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25

[/TD]

[TD]0-60%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Test Group B (15 TOP STUDENTS WILL BE SELECTED)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Number of Students

[/TD]

[TD]Grade Averages

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]0

[/TD]

[TD]100%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]90-95%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD]80-90%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]45

[/TD]

[TD]70-80%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29

[/TD]

[TD]0-60%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Test Group C (10 TOP STUDENTS WILL BE SELECETED)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Number of Students

[/TD]

[TD]Grade Averages

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]0

[/TD]

[TD]100%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]90-95%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]29

[/TD]

[TD]80-90%

[/TD]

[TD]Most Important

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]50

[/TD]

[TD]70-80%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]0-60%

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

20-15-10 rule is a tier system in which each group is evaluated separately not as a whole. Waiting until all applicants have been interview and then trying to choose 45 out a 100 is ineffective and doesn’t work as well. Once the first group is selected then that tier is closed, if it’s been more than a month then you won’t be called for interview because already the top 20 have been chosen. Even the testing invited is a tier system, Group A is better pool of applicants than Group B and Finally Group C is the least in favor. It’s like back in middle school when you had to choose who was on your team, it began with the best, followed by the second best and lastly you had to choose the last underdogs to be fair and to complete the numbers. Why would you want anyone in the groups with any grades lower than an 80% when combined you have 87 people with an 80 or above average. Its all a system and a very efficient system, the implementation of this new test makes it even more effective at filtering the impurities so to speak. Each batch is filtered, the combined at the end to make the top cream of la cream.

Think about it folks it makes perfect sense. Remeber there is 3 check boxes

1. Accepted

2. Possibly Accepted

3. Denied

There is no " well lets wait until June 1st after all the interviews to see if John Doe is qualified against all these other superb applicants. The decision has to be made that day or at the end of interviews of the first group.

Yes that is true, they only interviewed applicants with 117 points or higher. But I keep hearing about needing a certain

Amount of points in order to be accepted. I think it's something new this year. Therefor I hope what you say is accurate.

I'm curious but are you in the program already? Are you an administrator? Have you even been called for an interview? I'm curious becuase you obviously seem to spend a lot of time on this forum writing about the whole process as if you're in the program itself or one of the people of the selection committee.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I'm planning on applying to the PA program at MDC but I'm still trying to understand the basics of the selection process.

So each person is allotted a certain number of points commensurate to the qualifications stated in their application, which when combined with their entrance exam ranking determines who will get interviewed, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What about the essay, what weight does it have in the selection process? Is it done on the same day as the exam? Also, anyone know the structure of the essay?

What would grant me a seat in Test group A as opposed to B or C?

That test group thing is really a speculation thing but yes they do use points to figure out who they select. I don't remember how much the essay is worth but its a basic thing like, "why do you want to be a PA?" for example, nothing to really think too hard about and I think it's mainly to see how well you can communicate in writing. It is done on the same day as the test. The points are based on your GPA, your medical experience, you get a few extra points for living in Miami/ Broward, the exam, essay and interview. I can't remember if there were any other things.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived