Moving to Gainesville

Hello all. I'm applying for the PA program at UF beginning in 2013. I do, however, have a few questions about where to live. I'm married and my wife is an ER Nurse. She'll be applying for jobs if/when I get accepted. I was looking for some guidance on where to live during the 2 1/2 years of the program. Any neighborhoods to stay away from? We don't have kids so it would be the two of us (and our cats). Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am applying for the same cycle and have lived here for almost 20 years. Gainesville is a nice university city that most people seem to enjoy. There is lots of affordable student living in and around campus that is fairly safe. UF is a tough school to get into, I am surprised you are moving before you are accepted. Drop me a line if you have any more questions gregoryfenn@yahoo.com

I am applying for the same cycle and have lived here for almost 20 years. Gainesville is a nice university city that most people seem to enjoy. There is lots of affordable student living in and around campus that is fairly safe. UF is a tough school to get into, I am surprised you are moving before you are accepted. Drop me a line if you have any more questions gregoryfenn@yahoo.com

Archived