Sign in to follow this  
mchan

Language on CASPA?

Alright so I'm planning on applying in 2020 and I'm on CASPA right now just getting myself familiarized as it will be my first cycle. I don't think this is that important but I am curious. Under the biographical information it asks for your "first language" and I'm curious if it would help/hurt/not matter if I put English or not. Because technically, English isn't my first language but it is my primary and I would say my most fluent language. My "first language" is good but I don't use it daily. Should I put it as my first language and then have English as my additional language but "advanced proficiency" or the other way around? Like I said this is probably not that detrimental but I just wanted to know.

I honestly do not know what the "right" thing to do here is. This was my first cycle applying and English is not my first language, so I just like to answer questions in good faith and be as transparent as possible, so that is how I answered. I do not think it really matters because I got invites from the 4/5 schools that I applied to, even with a low GPA, followed by an acceptance. I would advice being honest. Best of luck to you on your journey and please feel free to PM me with any questions you have! 🙂