• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By johangon86
      Hey!

I'm a PA-S1 studying in Indianapolis at Butler University but I'm born and raised from Austin, Texas and would love to do a rotation back home (or at the very least in Texas). I'm looking for any and all preceptors that would have me for a rotation. I'm open to any specialty as long as I can make connections. Unfortunately, my program doesn't have any rotations available in Austin but we do have a clinical experience coordinator who can take of the agreements between the program and the preceptor. If you know anyone who possibly has a lead I would greatly appreciate the help!

Regards,
      Johan
    • By thefoggymist
      Greetings everybody
      It's my first post here. I was desperate enough to Google and somehow ended up here.
      I am a US IMG, last year, good rank (and once was first of my year on IM rotation), Step 1 done...
      I am looking for a US clinical experience (a hands on elective rotation). I like IM, with all passion, and almost all subspecialties (and especially ID). I don't mind any subspecialty really, they all excite me haha.
      I literally tried everything... I always end up with either an observership (which is not really nicely considered for the match), or just getting ignored.
      I emailed a lot of doctors and hospitals, it seems like there's no use.
      I know companies like AMO and those exist, but many say they're shady, many say you don't really do anything, and most importantly they're expensive for very lowly ranked hospitals. I don't mind a place with no particular rank, but doesn't make sense to pay that much money for something that should be free. 
      I am ready to pay my own insurance.
      I'm out of time as my elective is due in like 3 months (and I need paperwork and such...).
      I'll pay with coffee, kindness, smart questions, daily compliments and especially hard work.
      Even if it's just hope with no real confirmation, I can try sending an email of my info + CV + motivation letter... And we'll see what happens. My dream is to catch a residency in the US so I could help, with my passion, as much people as I can knowing I did my job in getting fit as a good physician.
      Any help?
    • By 57WestDerm
      * DERMATOLOGY MEDICAL ASSISTANT - MIDTOWN WEST* 
      Welcoming, friendly and motivated individual for Medical Assistant position in our small, established Midtown West Dermatology practice. We are interested ONLY in applicants who planning a future career as a Physician Assistant - and want to gain experience in the medical field before applying to graduate school. 
      This is a great way to gain experience, get shadowing hours & boost your CV before applying to this highly competitive field! Most of our prior Medical Assistants have gone on to attend various prestigious PA programs after completing this internship. 
      REQUIREMENTS:
      We would need a commitment or 1.5-2 years minimum. You would be working closely with Carrie Doolan, RPA-C and Dr. Alan Glass, who have more than 20 years professional experience. 
      APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING: 
      Reliability, honesty and compassion. 
      Flexibility with schedule: (jobs are full time, 5 days a week including several evenings but NO weekends). 
      Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. 
      Knowledge of EMR or at least tech savvy (this is a paperless office - iPad-based). 
      Prior experience in Dermatology a plus
      RESPONSIBILITIES: 
      Promoting a peaceful, professional atmosphere. 
      Triaging patients and maintaining flow from waiting area to exam rooms. 
      Respecting patient privacy and compliancy with HIPPA. 
      Inspecting exam rooms before and after each patient and restocking supplies. 
      Prepping and maintaining clean treatment rooms to OSHA standards. 
      In depth knowledge of pre and post care treatment to educate patients, 
      Assisting providers with medical, surgical and cosmetic procedures. 
      Processing biopsies and cultures, logging data accordingly and interacting with laboratory. 
      Performing inventory of supplies and equipment and communicating needs for ordering. 
      Sterilizing equipment using autoclave. 
      Cross training with front desk staff for emergency coverage. 
      Willingness to learn common Dermatology language and treatments to effectively communicate with providers, patients and pharmacy staff. 
      Attending mandatory monthly meetings and quarterly outings to provide feedback, make suggestions for improvements and promote a cohesive team environment. 

INTERESTED? Email your resume & questions to 57WestDerm@icloud.com
    • By ShaquelPA
      Hello I'm new to this website and forum but I have a plan to continue my education to become a Physician Assistant specializing in Dermatology. I wanted to hear from PAs or students who are in the minority specially the African/black community. I am a 24yr old Female, Jamaican-american. I plan on applying to a PA program here in Florida in the next 4 years, and was hoping to get some more information and advice please!!
      I will be attending an accelerated program (5-6months) to be a Medical Assistant (Sept.- Feb. 2020).
      After I am licensed in MA, I would like to reapply to UCF for my biomedical sciences degree. Where I can get in my hours for healthcare experience as an MA and finish my bachelors before applying to PA school.
      I have just a few concerns:
      1. Is becoming a MA worth it before PA school? or worth the money to go to school for?  I'm worried because most companies here are looking for bilingual MAs. I do want to learn another language preferably Spanish, but later on while I get my B.S in Biomed (Also I do not want to be CNA or RN).
      2. Is a biomedical science degree more looked at to enter a PA program? Which degree/major is also acceptable if I decide not to go the science route but I make sure I take my required science classes? 
      3. As a minority do we have an advantage or disadvantage to enter a PA school? 
      4. Does anyone have experience as a PA student either at NOVA or Barry University? If so, how are the professors and the overall work load?  
      5. After becoming a PA, do we experience racism throughout the country in our profession? (Regardless if we do or not, no one is going to stop me from doing my job correctly, I will treat every race with respect. I would just like to know because I'm curious since again there is not many of us as PAs.)
      6. How was the job search for you as a minority? How long did it take to land a job in your specialization?
      7. Are there any forums or websites to find a black PA to shadow? or if anyone can refer me in central to south Florida locations?
      8. I am highly interested in this career but want to know if this profession is worth committing to and seeking a job for in the years of 2024-2028? I know that's a stretch time but I like to be prepared lol 
      Thank you for your time!! 
    • By Jpalms
      Hey guys,
      Could you tell me what the clinical sites are for the SUNY Upstate PA program?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More