Army National Guard Experiences

Hello all,

I am a new grad and I find the NG may be an interesting way to gain experience and help with loan repayment. I've done a fair amount of research regarding the time commitment, responsibilities, and incentives that are offered to those who enlist, but I was wondering if anyone could share what their experience has been, mostly concerning how they balance a civilian job with the Guard. This forum has been a very helpful, thank you all for the insights!

I went to school out of state and am now applying to jobs, should I focus on jobs like ER, with variable shifts? Would a job with a M-F  in a clinic be difficult (mainly think about balancing time off for possible deployments and training throughout the year)?

If I disclose that I am interested in the NG during interviews, will I have a harder time getting a job? I read that some people were told they need a least 3 months experience as a PA before they can join, but I haven't seen anything on the Guards Websites. I am waiting to hear back from a AMEDD recruiter regarding this. 

Do you recommend joining the guard fresh out of school, or do you recommend waiting a year or so to get some clinical experience? It would be nice to start getting some of the loan repayment incentives, but being comfortable practicing is far more important to me. 

I look forward to hearing from all of you! Thanks again!