On 9/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, Lightspeed said:

Disciplinary oversight should be performed by individuals who are intimately acquainted with the rules, bylaws, and functioning of the role.

Yes, I did, you just didn't understand it.  Kind of like that LPN or RN who is on the BON and trying to regulate the NP who was overprescribing narcotics.  They are ignorant of the science of practicing medicine.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CAdamsPAC said:

There's a slippery slope here with Yale PA Program online

Agreed, shame on Yale for starting this, and double shame on the NCCPA for allowing it.

However (I assume) the Yale program still has a full year of hands-on rotations, including the required rotations in family practice, surgery, peds, women's health, and cardiology.  

There are some decent NP programs, and some of them are online... but they are all extremely weak in hands-on rotations.

And we're back to the good old theme of 90% of medical forums...  Everyone keeps arguing that "my training is better than yours; patients will suffer because of your lack of training" but they only do it when they are (or think they are) a rung up the ladder. If someone another rung up says the same thing to them then they get offended lol.... Either define a minimum level of competence required to practice medicine for everyone or stop complaining about it cuz I haven't seen any studies that compare outcomes using decent parameters yet

1 hour ago, JOhnny888 said:

If someone another rung up says the same thing to them then they get offended lol.... Either define a minimum level of competence required to practice medicine for everyone

I'm not offended if a doctor correctly says s/he has a lot more training than I do, because they would be right.

Minimum level of competence to practice medicine without supervision = medical school + residency.  But the politically powerful nursing mafia screwed that up for the patients, and the adminiscritters love it.

• Upvote 2