Silence from almost all programs I have applied to...

So, I applied to approximately 12 schools and was verified by mid-July, and I have heard from only 2. Those 2 sent me interview invites pretty quickly (thank goodness!), but the remaining 10 have sent me absolutely nothing beyond standard receipt of application emails. I have been keeping up with the school forums and it appears they are all sending out interview invites and acceptances. Do most schools tend to wait until later in the cycle to send out rejections? I was kind of hoping my rejections would come faster, lol. 😞 Sorry if this is a silly question, this is my first time applying.

• Upvote 1

I find that unless you are auto rejected(do not meet the minimum requirements) your application will stay in the pool until all of the positions for interviews or invitations are filled. Fortunately it means you are technically still in the running but as the cycle progresses the feeling of impending doom becomes more justified. Good luck, the waiting is the worst part.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, first cycle I had Wayne State as one of my programs; I didn't get a response until about a week and a half after interview invites started going out and it was a rejection. At Eastern Michigan I was sorted into the last day of interviews and got waitlisted. I would pay attention to the individual forums and if you start seeing stuff happening but you aren't hearing anything you can kind of get a feel for your situation.

I wouldn't worry until you start seeing activity. Until then it's a waiting game. 

Edited by laferri2

Honestly, I wouldn't read into it too much. Each school is completely unique in how they send out interviews/rejections. Some of the schools where I applied sent rejections in step with sending interview invites. Others wait until everyone is interviewed and the class is selected to send out rejections. My point is that you don't know until you know. And you already have two interviews, which is an amazing accomplishment in itself 😊 Don't give up hope just yet, best of luck to you!

• 4 weeks later...

We all share the same struggle here. I so want to pick up the phone and call them but I'm not sure if it'll be any help or good? What's your thought? I'm starting to lose hope 😞 

• 2 weeks later...