10/19/2019 Medex SPOKANE Interview

Congratulations to those who have been accepted thus far! I just want to say I’m proud of everyone I met and to all of us that interviewed! We are professionals that want to make a greater positive impact on the world! We will all be excellent PAs! It will be the next steps we take  that define our pathways! You are all winners in my book. 👊

David H

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rpadda said:

I got the call too!! Congrats to those who got in!!! Can't wait to start the program with you guys! 

Raveena 

Yay Raveena! It was great to meet you last weekend, I’m glad we get to be classmates now. Find the group on Facebook and we can all stay connected as we progress through the next steps. 

12 minutes ago, Jwahlquist said:

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Trying to hold onto every last bit of hope that I can 🤞🏻
Congrats again to those of you who were chosen!! 

I’m trying to figure that out too. I’m assuming we will get a letter in the mail. Whether it be acceptance, rejection, waitlist, etc. Avery made it sound like we were basically going to be accepted or waitlisted. But they also said they’d call us earlier this week so I don’t think anything is set in stone! I know I’m bummed I haven’t heard back but I am truly stoked and proud of all of those that were accepted!! I’m not going to stop here! I’ll definitely apply again. Everyone is so awesome. Congrats again who got the call 🥰🥰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marandajo07 said:

I’m trying to figure that out too. I’m assuming we will get a letter in the mail. Whether it be acceptance, rejection, waitlist, etc. Avery made it sound like we were basically going to be accepted or waitlisted. But they also said they’d call us earlier this week so I don’t think anything is set in stone! I know I’m bummed I haven’t heard back but I am truly stoked and proud of all of those that were accepted!! I’m not going to stop here! I’ll definitely apply again. Everyone is so awesome. Congrats again who got the call 🥰🥰

Great attitude to keep working towards it! I've applied three times and I finally got an acceptance this year! As far as I understand it, and this isn't 100% certain, the waitlist is more of a "hold" list because you can be put on that list when there are still lots of seats open. I believe they only instantly take about a dozen or so from the first interview, release those that are declined this year and then the other 1/3 or so get put on the hold list. They'll send out a letter in the mail to let you know your standing and it'll likely arrive next week (according to people I've talked to that got on the hold list before). Then when they conduct the second round interviews in December, they take another dozen or so instantly and then divide the rest up like they did in the first round. After that, they take both groups of holds and go through them all again and decide who gets the rest of the spots. As Avery Batts mentioned during our interview last week, no one on the "hold" list is ranked. They will look at your file from the hold list in it's entirety and decide from there. 

A girl that's in didactic year right now at Spokane campus didn't find out until MARCH 1ST that she got a seat! That's the day online classes started! Lots didn't find out they were off the hold list until January. I know it's frustrating to wait and just not know but soon you'll know if you're on the hold list and that there's a very good chance of coming off of it still. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JulieS said:

Great attitude to keep working towards it! I've applied three times and I finally got an acceptance this year! As far as I understand it, and this isn't 100% certain, the waitlist is more of a "hold" list because you can be put on that list when there are still lots of seats open. I believe they only instantly take about a dozen or so from the first interview, release those that are declined this year and then the other 1/3 or so get put on the hold list. They'll send out a letter in the mail to let you know your standing and it'll likely arrive next week (according to people I've talked to that got on the hold list before). Then when they conduct the second round interviews in December, they take another dozen or so instantly and then divide the rest up like they did in the first round. After that, they take both groups of holds and go through them all again and decide who gets the rest of the spots. As Avery Batts mentioned during our interview last week, no one on the "hold" list is ranked. They will look at your file from the hold list in it's entirety and decide from there. 

A girl that's in didactic year right now at Spokane campus didn't find out until MARCH 1ST that she got a seat! That's the day online classes started! Lots didn't find out they were off the hold list until January. I know it's frustrating to wait and just not know but soon you'll know if you're on the hold list and that there's a very good chance of coming off of it still. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Thanks for the info Julie! I am a first round Medex applicant and trying to stay positive.  This was an incredible experience and it's great to hear how much this program values re-applicants and those on the hold list.  I appreciate you taking the time to spread this knowledge. Best of luck to you and congratulations on your acceptance!!

Jenn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jwahlquist said:

Thanks for the info Julie! I am a first round Medex applicant and trying to stay positive.  This was an incredible experience and it's great to hear how much this program values re-applicants and those on the hold list.  I appreciate you taking the time to spread this knowledge. Best of luck to you and congratulations on your acceptance!!

Jenn

I too have not heard and now hang my hopes on the waitlist. Thank you for the info! Congratulations to all who were accepted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaurenDickson82 said:

hi all!

I was just wondering how many people were at the interview last week and about how many got acceptance notices?  I am still holding out for the next round of interviews.

Thanks!

I just looked at my interview assignment sheet from last weekend and there were 36 applicants. So far, there’s 11 of us on our class Facebook group. Previous students said that take usually 10-15 people in the first round of acceptance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...