10-26-19 Tacoma Interview.

8 hours ago, smile4fun said:

Thanks for creating a thread @SW2PA  do we want to do something Friday afternoon. Harmon or Rock Pizza might be good spots? 

Any tips or suggestions if you interviewed last year? Is it a group format or individual? 

Friday afternoon meetup would be awesome and I agree, Harmon would be a good spot! 

I haven't interviewed before but I know a few current and former MEDEX students... it sounds like it was a group format for them; candidates were split into groups of 3. @SW2PA is Tacoma where you interviewed last year? 

Last year we met up at 7 seas, it worked well since its a large space and doesn't require reservations. I would vote for that again. Harmon would require reservations. I'm local to Tacoma so I'm happy to go wherever. 

I interviewed at Tacoma last year. Hoping this year goes better! And yes, its a group panel interview, you will be interviewed 3 times in groups of 3. There are 2 interviewers at each panel. Each panel in theory has a theme but all 3 of mine were just get to know you/ask questions about your application. Some people did get asked "what would you do in this situation" type questions. You probably get about 15-20 mins of "air time" per panel. They want to make sure you're not monopolizing the time, that you interact with your panel members etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:15 AM, SW2PA said:

Last year we met up at 7 seas, it worked well since its a large space and doesn't require reservations. I would vote for that again. Harmon would require reservations. I'm local to Tacoma so I'm happy to go wherever. 

I interviewed at Tacoma last year. Hoping this year goes better! And yes, its a group panel interview, you will be interviewed 3 times in groups of 3. There are 2 interviewers at each panel. Each panel in theory has a theme but all 3 of mine were just get to know you/ask questions about your application. Some people did get asked "what would you do in this situation" type questions. You probably get about 15-20 mins of "air time" per panel. They want to make sure you're not monopolizing the time, that you interact with your panel members etc. 

Not requiring reservations would be ideal, agreed! 7 seas sounds good. Is 6:30-7 okay for everyone? Seems to be the most inclusive time.

So excited to meet you all! 

15 hours ago, smile4fun said:

Did anyone get a confirmation that their interview acceptance email was received? I sent a message confirming but didn’t get anything back. 

I received an automatic reply when I sent mine last Thursday. I wouldn’t worry but calling to make sure they received it can’t hurt 🙂 

I also didn't get anything other than the automatically generated email so I called this AM to check and they said they had it. 

Lets set the meet up for 7pm on 10/25 at 7 Seas (2101 Jefferson Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402). I will try to get there a little earlier to claim a table and put up some sort of UW something and see if I can get some current students/recent graduates to come chat with folks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SW2PA said:

I also didn't get anything other than the automatically generated email so I called this AM to check and they said they had it. 

Lets set the meet up for 7pm on 10/25 at 7 Seas (2101 Jefferson Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402). I will try to get there a little earlier to claim a table and put up some sort of UW something and see if I can get some current students/recent graduates to come chat with folks. 

Sounds awesome, thanks for doing that! Can't wait to meet up!

Cannot wait to meet everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I am in Tacoma Class 7.  I know we have plans for a class Halloween party the evening of the 25th, but I'll see if I can get a couple people to at least stop by 7 Seas for a few when you guys are meeting up.  There will also be a few of us that are going to be at the interview (I think maybe at lunchtime?), so we can answer any questions you might have about the program then as well!  Good luck to everyone interviewing, and see you on either the 25th or 26th!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Enewkirk2787 said:

Hey all, I am in Tacoma Class 7.  I know we have plans for a class Halloween party the evening of the 25th, but I'll see if I can get a couple people to at least stop by 7 Seas for a few when you guys are meeting up.  There will also be a few of us that are going to be at the interview (I think maybe at lunchtime?), so we can answer any questions you might have about the program then as well!  Good luck to everyone interviewing, and see you on either the 25th or 26th!

Hi @Enewkirk2787, looking forward to meeting you and thanks for the good wishes! 

On 10/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, Enewkirk2787 said:

Look forward to meeting you all!