Passing the 2019 PANCE after failing

Hey, I just wanted to let students who have failed the 2019 PANCE know that they should not give up!  The first time I took the PANCE, I was trying to rely on memorization which unfortunately didn't work for me..  I then went back to the basics and focused on understanding the disease process w/o all of the memorization and that made a huge difference in my score.  For studying, I relied on The Precipio online PANCE course.  (takes you back to the basics!!) then once I finished the course, I used Rosh Review for the last couple of weeks doing nothing but practice tests!  I think the combination of both was key to my success!  Most important, don't give up hope:)

Edited by Cate49
typo

• 1 month later...

Wanted to share a similar experience with others who are struggling.

The first time I took the exam, I got 336 (passing was 350), then I studied more, 4 days/week, while working 2 days/week, and having 1 personal day, I used Rosh and Pance Prep Pearls. I decided that to solidify everything I learned, I should take a CME review course, during which I scored above average, and 4 days later I went to take PANCE for the 2nd time - and failed again - 345 (passing was 350). 

I felt very defeated, that after almost 6 months of full time studying, I did not pass by 5 points. 

My previous PA school advisor recommended Dr. Athas for 1:1 online tutoring. I was so desperate, I figured, if I have already studied for 6 months, done over 3,000 questions on Rosh and read Pance Prep Pearls cover to cover about 10 times, I had nothing to lose... I had a total of 4 tutoring sessions with Dr. Athas (2hrs each). I have also watched all of his videos. He provides a different approach to learning medicine, which is what I was lacking. The videos truly helped me understand the mechanisms of action and physiology of diseases and medications, which I had memorized before, but did not truly understand. http://www.precipiolearning.com/home

I took the exam for the 3rd time, and scored 407, which was passing. 

In addition to that course, I also used Rosh questions daily, Exam Master questions for a slightly different prospective on questions, CME PANCE/PANRE review course.

Don't lose hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best,
Fellow PA-C