Soon to be ST/CSFA applying to PA school next year. Will being a CSFA be a big help when applying to PA school and when doing my course work??

Hello! I will be finishing up a surgical tech/Certified Surgical first Assistant double degree in may 2020. I already have my bachelors in psych with a minor in biology. I plan on applying on applying to PA school next year after graduation.  I am wondering will my ST/CSFA degree be really attractive to schools when i go to apply and will the knowledge I gained in this program and working as a CSF for a few months help my with my course work in PA school????? 

Yeah it will help but PA schools are looking for the whole package. I have worked as a respiratory therapist for 15 years and it is evident that there is a large gap in knowledge between providers and all the other healthcare team members including nurses. So although I think your knowledge will help, the courses will most likely still be very challenging. 

Maybe someone else who had a lot of PCE before PA school can chime in as I am curious as to how they thought the difficulty of PA school was changed by their experiences. 

Edited by DomRRTtoPA