Yyy

It matters.  Did you fail all your courses?  i.e have a GPA of 0.0 or something?  Or a semester of 'incomplete' or 'withdraw'?

Basically you attended and will be required to include a transcript from that time.  So it will probably negatively affect your GPA, just the law of averages.

Edited by MT2PA

CASPA averages everything so even when you retake these classes they'll still be averaged in. I didn't know this until a year before I graduated so even though I graduated with a high GPA my CASPA GPA was low. I messed up my freshman and half of my sophomore year and had a bunch of F's because I would just stop going and then eventually stopped like you. I was apathetic and had no motivation. A few years later when I went back to school I was a completely different person, but I had so much work to do to fix my GPA. I retook all those classes and graduated with honors. As previously stated, CASPA doesn't replace your grades so when you retake classes everything is averaged in. If you took one semester than you have like what, 4 F's? Just retake those classes and make sure you stay focused, aim for A's most schools don't like C's for your prerequisites or at all, for the most part. They want to make sure you can handle graduate level courses. You will have to compensate by doing well now and showing you have grown and are dedicated to becoming a PA. Make sure you volunteer, get as much HCE/PCE hours, and do well on your GRE (if your applying to a school that requires it). Since your just going back now you have a lot of time to find a job to give you clinical experience, if you don't already have it. After graduating I become a EMT and worked on a ambulance and a couple ERs. Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and by the way I was recently accepted to a school even with my low GPA! Dreams do come true!

Thanks for the encouragement, its nice to hear someone else overcame it. So basically if I get all a's, those 4 classes will be c's overall yo caspa. Then Ill just jave to explain it in a interview i suppose. 

I do have two questions though - does it matter what school I go to? Was thinking of maybe doing 2 community then transferring to a 4 year. I believe the cc right next to me has a gaurenteed acceptsnce into u of f which is a good school. Do they consider this? Should I just apply to the best 4 year I can instead?

Second, i was thinking about getting emt cert and going full time during summers and maybe some during thr rest of the yearwhich would net me 3 summers worth so probably 1k hours or so at least. Is that doable or does nobody cram their pce and hce in with their degree and make it work. Thanks so much