Times are a changing

Interesting and it sounds like a good plan.  Now we need to convince our patients to jump on board with a holistic approach and taper off those opioids if they really don't need them.  

6 hours ago, TWR said:

Good Luck Paula!!!  They would think we lost our mind.  IMO

I've had a serious uphill battle to reduce the amount of opioids prescribed in the rural clinics I've worked in up in Alaska.My peers and physicians were major impediments to my efforts to decrease controlled medication use, even after an official policy of limiting the amount of tablets and length of treatment was enacted.

Whatever you bring to the Thanksgiving dinner is appreciated by the partakers. Traditional medicine, holistic medicine  and spiritual healing , all have their part in healing one of the many subsets of patients we encounter. When I think if Chinese medicine and the thousands of years that it was utilized, why should I, an American, who comes from a broken healthcare system that makes corporations rich making wonder drugs that are ultimately not wonderful and are so expensive that a family must choose between proper nutrition and a pill.? If I am on my deathbed should I have benzp's or a spiritual counselor, minister, priest Rabbi or Oman pray for and with me and sit at my bedside and fill me with the hope of passing. Yes, I think our Alaskan physician is incorporating holistic practice because she works with many  tribes that also used herbs before we bought their territory.