Texas Licensing

Hi guys, questions regarding Texas licensing process. Started my application 1 month before grad, passed board 8/22/19. Got my final paperwork in 8/27/19. I was told by TMB it takes up to 10 bus. days for you to be assigned (if all the paperwork is correct), then another 15 bus. days for it to be processed. I have a checklist that showed all the documentations have been received, except the temp license which was optional. I waited for a couple of weeks, decided to call them, only to be told that one of the forms has not been submitted (the checklist shows that it has been received). My question is, I heard they only meet the middle of the month (around the 17th of each month, so if you get the paperwork in before the 17th, u will get your license in the same month, if not, then you will get it the next month). How accurate is that? I am quite disappointed about this whole situation (I should have checked earlier), as I already have a job waiting for me to be licensed so they can process my credentialing paperwork, but now I am afraid that this incidence will push me further back. Student loan is running low, and I feel bad making my job waits for me. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 10 months later...

This is a different topic, but in the same realm...I graduated last year, I paid for my application fees in June, and in September, they asked me to pay for renewal fees as well. Now my license is about to expire again, thats another hefty fee, but they are starting to do every two years. So my question is, what was the process like before they changed to this every 2 years? And how much did everyone have to pay per renewal?

• 5 months later...

Had license in 2009, took forever. Moved and let it expire, Then Covid and I tried to get the license again ( in JUNE 2020) and they wanted EVERYTHING just like I had never held a license. They messed up my paperwork at least a dozen times, they lost my paperwork. Its  now January 4th, I went from Pre-License, to license on Nov 9 2020, its 15 business days.  You can see the time below. I have only worked 3 weeks in 2020 since lockdown. A temp job Covid testing kids. The job ended on the 18th but they messed up the payday and paid us the 30th. Unemployment thought I got paid for work when I said I was not. They shut my account off for fraud! I already sold my wedding ring and an acre of property in AZ. I have nothing left to pawn. I had 2 places that wanted to hire me for telemed months ago and only 1 job interview in the next 2 days. I called them today and said I cant wait, if you keep doing this to me I will be homeless by February 2021. I NEED HELP TODAY. 2 supervisors later they asked the woman who has taken 56 calendar days and 34 business days to '' Expedite' my forms. 

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT DEC 2 WHEN THEY REALIZED THEY LOST MY PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Result: 34 days

56 calendar days – 22 days skipped:

Excluded 8 Saturdays

Excluded 8 Sundays

Excluded 6 holidays:

20 minutes ago, rookiejay said:

Had license in 2009, took forever. Moved and let it expire, Then Covid and I tried to get the license again ( in JUNE 2020) and they wanted EVERYTHING just like I had never held a license. They messed up my paperwork at least a dozen times, they lost my paperwork. Its  now January 4th, I went from Pre-License, to license on Nov 9 2020, its 15 business days.  You can see the time below. I have only worked 3 weeks in 2020 since lockdown. A temp job Covid testing kids. The job ended on the 18th but they messed up the payday and paid us the 30th. Unemployment thought I got paid for work when I said I was not. They shut my account off for fraud! I already sold my wedding ring and an acre of property in AZ. I have nothing left to pawn. I had 2 places that wanted to hire me for telemed months ago and only 1 job interview in the next 2 days. I called them today and said I cant wait, if you keep doing this to me I will be homeless by February 2021. I NEED HELP TODAY. 2 supervisors later they asked the woman who has taken 56 calendar days and 34 business days to '' Expedite' my forms. 

THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT DEC 2 WHEN THEY REALIZED THEY LOST MY PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Result: 34 days

56 calendar days – 22 days skipped:

Excluded 8 Saturdays

Excluded 8 Sundays

Excluded 6 holidays:

Sorry to hear of your situation, especially the loss of your wedding ring.

• 7 months later...

They finished the paperwork but have concerns I cant do my job, because once in 2017 when dehydrated I fainted at Walmart, Because of this it affected how well I remember where I lived and when, ( doesnt help mom was a house flipper and I stopped counting after 60 moves) so they think I am ''Impaired" so in Nov of 2021 I have to have a meeting with the board. 

I am so pissed, I watched Dr. Death and the TMB didn't do crap about him and the SAME DAY I find out that I need review I read this stuff, so you can sexually assaults' 2 dozen women and be allowed to practice, but you cant if you faint once? 

The TMB is a disappointing and sicking failure, so in November I want to talk about sexual assault and doctors, I dont want their state license anymore 

Im keeping the meeting to tell them where they can stick it 

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/05/11/former-patients-fight-stronger-laws-texas-doctor-dennis-doan-accused-abuse-walks-free/

Why Texas allows doctors cited for sexual misconduct to still practice by julie chang 

On 9/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, rookiejay said:

They finished the paperwork but have concerns I cant do my job, because once in 2017 when dehydrated I fainted at Walmart, Because of this it affected how well I remember where I lived and when, ( doesnt help mom was a house flipper and I stopped counting after 60 moves) so they think I am ''Impaired" so in Nov of 2021 I have to have a meeting with the board. 

I am so pissed, I watched Dr. Death and the TMB didn't do crap about him and the SAME DAY I find out that I need review I read this stuff, so you can sexually assaults' 2 dozen women and be allowed to practice, but you cant if you faint once? 

The TMB is a disappointing and sicking failure, so in November I want to talk about sexual assault and doctors, I dont want their state license anymore 

Im keeping the meeting to tell them where they can stick it 

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/05/11/former-patients-fight-stronger-laws-texas-doctor-dennis-doan-accused-abuse-walks-free/

Why Texas allows doctors cited for sexual misconduct to still practice by julie chang 

I KNOW, right?  LOL

I had moved from TX- Where I got my degree  from UTMB in '84.

Moved to WI in 2009, and let it expire.

A few years ago they said if it had been expired more than 5 years, I too had to start all over!

This is BS.  I'm still practicing in WI., with a DEA, etc.

Nothing can reciprocate?

I never had ANY problems with my PA licence, or any license, in WI, or in TX, etc.

To start it all over again, a letter from my program director from 1984?  He's dead now btw.