Sign in to follow this  
cvb0027

Texas Licensing

Hi guys, questions regarding Texas licensing process. Started my application 1 month before grad, passed board 8/22/19. Got my final paperwork in 8/27/19. I was told by TMB it takes up to 10 bus. days for you to be assigned (if all the paperwork is correct), then another 15 bus. days for it to be processed. I have a checklist that showed all the documentations have been received, except the temp license which was optional. I waited for a couple of weeks, decided to call them, only to be told that one of the forms has not been submitted (the checklist shows that it has been received). My question is, I heard they only meet the middle of the month (around the 17th of each month, so if you get the paperwork in before the 17th, u will get your license in the same month, if not, then you will get it the next month). How accurate is that? I am quite disappointed about this whole situation (I should have checked earlier), as I already have a job waiting for me to be licensed so they can process my credentialing paperwork, but now I am afraid that this incidence will push me further back. Student loan is running low, and I feel bad making my job waits for me. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the TMB.  Making us all miserable for decades LOL. 

All I can recommend is to keep calling them.  You might find someone to walk it through but doubtful. 

It's become even worse over the last 5 years with all the migration into Texas.  The TMB is woefully understaffed and it shows.