2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

@NENE5391 I do believe interviews are over.

Also, for those who interviewed and it has been >3 weeks since interview date-- do you guys feel like if they wanted you in their class, they would've offered you an interview within a week of your interview? That is how I feel. I think if you haven't heard by now, the answer is likely a rejection. 

24 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Also, for those who interviewed and it has been >3 weeks since interview date-- do you guys feel like if they wanted you in their class, they would've offered you an interview within a week of your interview? That is how I feel. I think if you haven't heard by now, the answer is likely a rejection. 

Yeah I feel the same way. I feel like those got received acceptances heard back within days or 2 weeks max.

25 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Thank you, 

But virtual interviews are still ongoing....so It may take a few more weeks for final decisions to be made. 

I spoke with admissions, not to long ago!🤗😋

On 4/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, Krist97 said:

When I interviewed with Suny Downstate they told me this is the last week of interviews and everyone should be hearing back either next week or the following week 

@NENE5391 wow really? Did you speak with them after @Krist97 did on April 10th? As she was told that there last interview week was two weeks ago. So they are still doing interviews this week and next? 

4 hours ago, FuturePA6813 said:

oh thanks for the info! Didn’t know interviews were still happening. When did you speak with them?

This morning around 10ish... I was surprised myself especially with the program starting so soon.

Financial Aid has to be completed, documents need to be filled out, etc. Its a lot! 

8 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Is sunydownstate going to leave like people who got an interview hanging.... like the start of school (in three weeks) just passes and we don't even receive a rejection letter?

I wish I could know ASAP because I have to start filling out CASPA again and it opens in like what .. 3 days?

Edited by FuturePA6813

17 hours ago, AhuvaGross21 said:

Yeah, there were 45 people on the recipient list

Thank you for letting us know. Honestly SUNY downstate has been a huge disappointment from the beginning. From forgetting my interview timeTWICE and then just not even letting me know that I was passed as an applicant. Come on, get your act together. I will not be applying to this school this coming application cycle.