I’m taking the leap!

Hey guys! Long time lurker of every thread available on google when it comes to pursuing PA as a second career. 

I got hired by the lizard selling insurance at 19, and my 5 year anniversary is coming up this October. They offer tuition reimbursement, so I’ve been going to school (they pay for your business degree) since I became eligible at 6 months and graduated with my associates last spring with a 3.96 GPA. (Only A missed was Accounting II when my father passed, I physically couldn’t make an exam). I was lucky to have them offer me a 2 yr bachelor program to fast track the rest of my degree so I’ll be done (AND fully vested in my 401k - important to me, I’ve contributed a lot) by the time I’m 26. 

I have always wanted to work in medicine, having been around it my whole life and I wasn’t in a position to jump into a 5 year program right out of high school. 

I have taken Anatomy I with lab, psychology, sociology, statistics and calculus thus far with an A, I made sure my electives for this degree began to work for me in the future. 

I want to continue knocking out pre reqs and leave my job to pursue a 33 month program here in New York as soon as I can after I graduate. Projected cost is $100,000. I will have enough saved to float mortgage, car, etc. and am lucky enough to have a loving SO to support my love & split expenses with (will definitely downsize - May sell the house if needed) 

The advice I’d like is for those of you who have been in a similar scenario, how did you succeed? What do you recommend? 

Whats the best way to get HCE hours? Should I reach out to hospital? Hospice? Any advice helps. 

I currently work M-F 7:30-3:30, business program is 6-10 PM on Thursday nights and I play softball tues/wed. Should I enroll back at my CC for the leftover prereqs? Move onto a university? Can I take just single classes? 

As you guys guys can see I’m very green, but making spreadsheets and determined to figure all of this out. Thank you!! 

Edited by InsurancetoPA
Spelling