On 10/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, EMS2015 said:

Can you make it down to Montgomery county? There are opportunities at my employment for shadowing.

I’m located in the Lehigh Valley as well. I was wondering if there were any opportunities still available??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AhmedRehman
      Hi my name is Ahmed Rehman and Im a college student that attends Suffolk Community College. Im here to ask if there is any Physician Assistants around my area that are willing to allow me to shadow them. I was really interested in this career path since at a young age and I would love to shadow during the summer. I live around in East Patchogue and Brookhaven. Thank you.
    • By HollywoodHorse
      I am looking for PA to shadowing in the Des Moines, Iowa area and the surrounding metro area. I have been looking for an opportunity for some time and hope to shadow PA's in many different areas of medicine. Currently I work as a CNA and can accommodate my schedule easily to allow whatever works for the PA's schedule in allowing me to shadow them. Please reply to this if you are able to allow a pre-PA student to shadow with you. Thank you very much. 
    • By Zacarias
      I tried calling local hospitals and clinics and all say they are either booked or I would need to shadow a PA I already know because they won't find me a placement. I would appreciate it if someone can give me the contact information for a PA in western mass that is kind enough to have me shadow them. 

• By Codes
      Hi,
      I was fortunate to shadow one PA who was amazing, it was family medicine in a clinic 9-5 type of gig. She was very nice and transparent. In all honesty, there were parts of the job I did not feel were all that great for example, majority of the patient experience was amazing.
      Things that I wasn't sure about:
      Seemed like a good amount of computer work between patient's - one of the reason's I am pre-PA is to try to not be locked to a computer so much. The area was rough and there were some homeless patient's etc. so that was sort of eye opening and I noticed to be an effective PA you need to truly touch and be very close to all types of people. In particular the homeless person with an infected hand and the woman coughing all over everything was something I was a little taken back with initially. Overall, I loved the patient interactions and feel if I were the actual PA it would be that much more fun to troubleshoot and problem solve. I have another shadow opportunity in a completely different specialization (neurology) which I am very excited about. My main questions were:
      Did you know right away after Shadowing, PA was the right fit for you? 100%? Or did it take a few settings and time to find out where you envisioned your dream specialization. Is it realistic to think I could eventually become a PA and get away from more of the 9-5 office setting? Something more fast paced and maybe shift work? I believe the area where the clinic was located (in the ghetto) and demographic sort of played into the experience, is that a tale tell sign I could be wrong for the profession? Please be as honest as possible as I am considering a career shift and I can handle the truth. I am trying to approach the situation as realistic as possible but there are still many "blind spots" as I have only shadowed one PA thus far.
      Thank you very much in advance!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More