* DERMATOLOGY MEDICAL ASSISTANT - MIDTOWN WEST* 

Welcoming, friendly and motivated individual for Medical Assistant position in our small, established Midtown West Dermatology practice. We are interested ONLY in applicants who planning a future career as a Physician Assistant - and want to gain experience in the medical field before applying to graduate school. 

This is a great way to gain experience, get shadowing hours & boost your CV before applying to this highly competitive field! Most of our prior Medical Assistants have gone on to attend various prestigious PA programs after completing this internship. 

REQUIREMENTS:

We would need a commitment or 1.5-2 years minimum. You would be working closely with Carrie Doolan, RPA-C and Dr. Alan Glass, who have more than 20 years professional experience. 

APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING: 

Reliability, honesty and compassion. 

Flexibility with schedule: (jobs are full time, 5 days a week including several evenings but NO weekends). 

Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. 

Knowledge of EMR or at least tech savvy (this is a paperless office - iPad-based). 

Prior experience in Dermatology a plus

RESPONSIBILITIES: 

Promoting a peaceful, professional atmosphere. 

Triaging patients and maintaining flow from waiting area to exam rooms. 

Respecting patient privacy and compliancy with HIPPA. 

Inspecting exam rooms before and after each patient and restocking supplies. 

Prepping and maintaining clean treatment rooms to OSHA standards. 

In depth knowledge of pre and post care treatment to educate patients, 

Assisting providers with medical, surgical and cosmetic procedures. 

Processing biopsies and cultures, logging data accordingly and interacting with laboratory. 

Performing inventory of supplies and equipment and communicating needs for ordering. 

Sterilizing equipment using autoclave. 

Cross training with front desk staff for emergency coverage. 

Willingness to learn common Dermatology language and treatments to effectively communicate with providers, patients and pharmacy staff. 

Attending mandatory monthly meetings and quarterly outings to provide feedback, make suggestions for improvements and promote a cohesive team environment. 

INTERESTED? Email your resume & questions to 57WestDerm@icloud.com

Edited by 57WestDerm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kalebmi20
      Hello PA Forum,
      I am new to the pre-PA path, and I am a bit overwhelmed by the things that need to get done over the next years. I am finishing up my freshman year and have decided that getting into PA school is my goal. After some research I have come to the understanding that I need to have prerequisite courses completed. However, I am very lost on where to start. Some schools require upper level this and lower level that. I dont want to waste any more time then I already have, given that I have been a CS major for my entire first year, so Im very worried about making the wrong choices for next semester. Here is a run down of the classes I've taken as a freshman CS student (I will switch out to another major). Keep in mind I have not taken introductory English courses because of AP college credit. 

1st Sem:
      Bio 101, CPSC 120, POSC 100, Pre-Calculus
      2nd Sem: 
      Geology 101, CPSC 121, Calculus I, HCOM 100

What should I take this summer or in the fall? I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Registration is in a few weeks and I do not have too much time to make a decision on my fall classes. I was thinking of taking a more challenging course over the summer so I could focus on it by itself, and maybe take psychology next semester, but I feel like im missing something like chemistry or anatomy.
    • By FuturePAHopefully
      Hello Pre-PA Community!
      I want to start off by thanking this forum for the tremendous help and wealth of information provided for my own Pre-PA journey & want to give back to the community. A little bit about myself, I was a low GPA/PCE Applicant who was able to research admission strategies that landed me an acceptance to the #1 Physician Assistant Program in the United States - Duke University. Working as a tutor & academic coach for over 5 years, I value and appreciate those who invest in their future goals and want to help them along their journey.
      After spending several months researching how to get into PA School on the first try, I am proud to announce I have developed a strategy that allows one to emphasize their strengths and be accepted to their top-choice schools! My Interview Rate for all my applications were 80%, and my Acceptance Rate after the Interview was 90% through implementing pre & post interview strategies that increase memorability and subsequent acceptance. While I was looking for affordable Pre-PA services such as Mock Interviews or Personal Statement Review - I found them to be VERY expensive. While working a low pay PCE job, I found it difficult to afford these essential services. I want to give back to students at an affordable price to help save money for applications (an already expensive ordeal). I have created my own Physician Assistant Mentorship Service where I will be providing the MOST AFFORDABLE services available to motivated and driven students.
      Please visit pathtopa.youcanbook.me to schedule any one of the services offered. These services are especially useful if you are seeking guidance to joining this amazing profession (non-traditional students) or you are a driven first time applicant who wants to an acceptance their first cycle. Additionally, with EVERY SERVICE I provide a One on One Zoom Call to ensure that my advice is 100% tailored to your needs.
      Please feel free to ask about any of my services or about myself! I have just opened up my availability for February so check it out & share with family and friends.

• By Erose
      Hello,
      I am currently residing in Bellingham Washington. I am eager to get some shadowing experience prior to applying to PA school this year. I have received both covid vaccines, and would love to shadow in person. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I have reached out to several PAs in the area and have yet to hear back from anyone. 
      Thank you!
    • By KellyYe
      Hi, thank you to every one who dropped by to help! Below are the science courses I took in order, with grades:
      general biology I (C- first time, A second time), general biology II (B-)
      **general chemistry I (C+), general chemistry II (C) --- both with labs
      general physiology (B)
      biochemistry (B)
      organic chem I (B-), organic chem II (B-)
      genetics (B-)
      microbiology (A)
      human anatomy (A)
      endocrinology (A)

Planning on taking: immunology, human physiology, developmental biology, medical terminology OR primate anatomy 
      I'm currently a second term senior at a university, and I graduate Spring 2021. Many people advise students to not retake basic courses and focus on upper level courses, but there are also many people who suggest to retake any basic course with C grades to show PA schools that the first grades I received do not define my capability.
      Any opinion on whether I should spend extra time to retake general chemistry I and II ? If I should retake them, then should I enroll in the labs again or that won't be necessary since I already took them the first time I took the courses?

Thank you again for your time!

• By KimberlyM54
      Hello all! 

My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at prepacoachkimberly@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.

Happy holidays, 
      Kim 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More