Attention California PAs!!! Call to action!

We need Cali PAs to contact your assemblymemebers and support SB697 to make sure it makes it out of assembly.

It's easy just click the link and fill out your info took me all of 20 seconds!

https://1www.capanet.org/call-to-action/#/

It may have passed assembly already but I got the call to action in my LinkedIn so I did it. Doesn't hurt to fill it out and send it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by Joelseff
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in email today:

SB 697 (Caballero) is on the Governor’s desk – along with hundreds of other bills. The deadline for the Governor to sign or veto bills is October 13, 2019. We hope you already responded to our Call to Action requesting that you send an email to the Governor asking him to sign this important piece of legislation. Please check your inbox (and junk folder) for the Call to Action and send the requested email now, if you haven’t already. 

If SB 697 becomes law, your scope will be derived from your competencies and capabilities – not delegated to you by a physician. You will be held like other healthcare professionals to the standard of care requirement. You and the practice know your education, training, experience and what professional services you are competent and capable to provide. No longer will you be required to have a Delegation of Services Agreement (DSA). You will own your scope. We will anxiously await word from Governor Newsom. We will know something no later than October 13, 2019.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, Cideous said:

Can one of you guys hit the highlights of what this does for us in CA?  I read through it, but am not that familiar with the laws their now.  Thanks.

It would eliminate DSAs and minimum mandatory cosigs etc. 

Heres a summary from AAPA: 

https://www.aapa.org/news-central/2019/10/california-gains-fifth-key-element-increases-practice-parity/

here's the entire bill: 

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB697

Edited by Joelseff
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
[mention=74874]Joelseff[/mention] Thanks for all your rallying for OTP in CA.  Now that it’s passed, does it change our ability to start a private practice or do we still need the practice to be co-owned by a MD/DO with them having least 51% ownership?  

Check with CAPA though but it is my understanding that it does not allow us to "hang our own shingle." 

It won't change corporate laws which govern who can own a practice. It really just removes certain restrictions in what we can do in a practice setting and removes us from being attached to a specific physician in our practice. The DSA is replaced with a practice agreement which is between the PA and the practice not a CP/SP.

I want to clarify that this is NOT OTP. It's just some parts of OTP. Hopefully get OTP or more of it I'm the coming years. It does put us in parity with the NP practice regs in California.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, Joelseff said:

...I want to clarify that this is NOT OTP. It's just some parts of OTP. Hopefully get OTP or more of it I'm the coming years. It does put us in parity with the NP practice regs in California.

Until NP's pass full practice autonomy in 2020...

• 4 weeks later...