Question Bank Resources for New Critical Care PA

Hello All,

I'm curious if anyone has recommendations for a question bank to help learn critical care medicine? I'm a relatively new PA (graduated in May 2018) and have been practicing in critical care for about a year now. I work in a 26 bed mixed ICU at a community hospital. I've been reading the Washington Manual of Critical Care, Marino's ICU Book, and Up-to-Date. I've also done the Critical Care board review course offered by the SCCM. I'd like to find a question bank that I can use to test my critical care knowledge as well as general adult medical knowledge.

I used ROSH review to study for the PANCE and really liked it. I used the app on my phone and was able to answer questions throughout the day and found it easy to answer a few questions here and there without having to dedicate exclusive study time. I'd like to find something with an equivalent ease of use but ROSH doesn't have any questions geared specifically towards CCM. ROSH does have IM and EM question banks consisting of ~ 1000 questions geared towards residents which I've considered as an option. ROSH also has the NCCPA Hospital Medicine CAQ question bank for Hospitalist PAs that I've considered. Additionally, it seems that CHEST SEEK Critical Care Medicine and the SCCM Self-Assessment Multiprofessional Critical Care are used frequently by CCM fellows who are studying for the CCM Boards. I fear that these latter resources may be too dense for my understanding at this point.

So... My hope is that someone out there has some insight into these (and other) question bank resources and can help guide my decision before dropping hundreds of dollars. I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Edited by KPMGZ8

• 4 months later...