Acute Care/ Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant Residency Program, information, thoughts, feedback?

https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/actspar

Wondering if anyone has any experience/information/thoughts UCSF Fresno, specifically this ACS/Trauma Surgery Residency. Considering relocating for the opportunity. New grad, I liked what I saw during the visit. Not looking for some one to make a decision for me, but any information would be great. 

Thanks

If that is the field of medicine that you are interested in working then I would highly consider it. Cant speak to that residency, specifically, but their EM residency looks great, and had I not gotten into my #1 EM residency I would have gone on to interview for their's. 

I think a residency in any critical care field, including EM, is a great idea and will really set you apart. One year of relocation and lower salary is well worth it. Little known fact is that you can defer your student loans during these programs, so your ability to live comfortably really isnt that affected for the year of training.

• Like 1

Thanks for the message, I'm gonna stick with my decision and move forward with it. I think I could make about 25% more year 1 with a regular job but I going to stick with the thought that the experience is priceless. I know residencies is a controversial topic, but I don't think more training/education is ever a bad decision. 

• 10 months later...