I received an interview invite for 4/3. I submitted my application in the 2nd week of January, a few days before the deadline.

Goodluck to everyone still waiting and for those that submitted late, there is plenty hope

Stats:

Overall GPA 3.77

Science GPA 4.00

Foreign trained Physician, MPH

PCE 1450 hrs. PA shadowing 100 hrs

I received an interview invite for 4/3. I submitted my application in the 2nd week of January, a few days before the deadline.
Goodluck to everyone still waiting and for those that submitted late, there is plenty hope
Stats:
Overall GPA 3.77
Science GPA 4.00
Foreign trained Physician, MPH
PCE 1450 hrs. PA shadowing 100 hrs

Thank you so much for sharing your stats and congratulations!!! I also submitted my application around the same time. I hope to get an interview invite soon[emoji1317] staying hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

also the invite for the Skype interview on Friday. And essay? So this should be interesting! 

I also have a bit of an odd question, given this is a CSOM board but I am having a difficult time comparing this school to SUNY Downstate and then comparing them both to York college. I’ll have interviewed at all three. No offer on the table yet but i just wish I knew more stats to compare like First year PANCE Scores, what each college focuses on (ie. surgery vs. primary care) or if they have a cadaver lab, and if anyone know someone in the program and if they liked it for any three of these! THANK YOU

3 hours ago, Qtrang01 said:

-submitted August 21st 

-cum gpa: 3.63

-science gpa: 3.46 

-pt. care hrs: >1000 hrs ( CNA and PT aide)

-shadow: 46 hrs at 3 diff settings 

Gluck to you and everyone else waiting to hear back!!! 

thank you hope I get an interview soon. Congrats again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beccalpa said:

Has anyone who received an interview invite before this crisis not heard about when their virtual interview will be? I’m still waiting to hear back. My in-person interview was supposed to be 3/20. 

Definitely contact them.  I was emailed last night that my virtual interview would be tomorrow at 11:20am and that my essay would be sent at 8am and need to be submitted before 8:30am. So it looks like they are moving pretty quickly

30 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Definitely contact them.  I was emailed last night that my virtual interview would be tomorrow at 11:20am and that my essay would be sent at 8am and need to be submitted before 8:30am. So it looks like they are moving pretty quickly

What do you think is the best point of contact? I have emailed PA admissions directly and Ms. Azor in the past two weeks without a response. 

Edited by Beccalpa

Well those wouldve been my first two recommendations. https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/csom/paprogramfacultyand-staff here is complete list of their staff with phone numbers and emails. Try following up with someone else. If you were offered an interview earlier on but due to the pandemic it was canceled and they have yet to reschedule but are now inviting other people to interviews- this seems wrong to me. Hopefully they can correct it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Njohnson92 said:

Well those wouldve been my first two recommendations. https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/csom/paprogramfacultyand-staff here is complete list of their staff with phone numbers and emails. Try following up with someone else. If you were offered an interview earlier on but due to the pandemic it was canceled and they have yet to reschedule but are now inviting other people to interviews- this seems wrong to me. Hopefully they can correct it.  

Agree

On 3/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, jm0gu said:

Hey guys. I finished my interview a while ago. Just some tips/thoughts: 

-When waiting for them to email the essay question, I suggest logging in about 5-10 min before the time they gave you.  I assumed they were going to send me my question on the dot, but they sent it 3 min earlier. It caught me off guard.

-Keep track of time when writing your essay. It's easy to be too absorbed in your writing. Also keep in mind that you'll probably spend a minute or two from the 30 min you were given to 1) read their email with the essay question and 2) reply with the attached file in the format they requested. I'm not sure if they have a grace period when submitting the essay.. I was scared to be a minute late with my submission in fear of them not accepting it, so I made sure to send it in 30 min or less.

-Before the skype interview, make sure you have good connection. I experienced slight technical problems (lagging, choppy audio), so be prepared for that. I had two interviewers, both were very nice. Typical PA school interview questions were asked and a few out-of-the-box questions/ice-breakers. This was actually the most I smiled and laughed at an interview. I wouldn't stress too much about it! 😊

Good luck everyone and stay safe!

For the Skype interview, was it a video call or audio one?  good luck 

19 hours ago, Njohnson92 said:

Hey guys,

also the invite for the Skype interview on Friday. And essay? So this should be interesting! 

I also have a bit of an odd question, given this is a CSOM board but I am having a difficult time comparing this school to SUNY Downstate and then comparing them both to York college. I’ll have interviewed at all three. No offer on the table yet but i just wish I knew more stats to compare like First year PANCE Scores, what each college focuses on (ie. surgery vs. primary care) or if they have a cadaver lab, and if anyone know someone in the program and if they liked it for any three of these! THANK YOU

I also have an interview for City College tomorrow and I had with Suny on March 16th. Seems like we have same interview dates for both. I still have not heard anything from Suny. Good luck for tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be better than the phone interview on 16th. 

So for anyone interested: My essay topic was  "Please describe a person you admire. Choose someone who has caused you to change your behavior or worldview, and how this person influenced you."

I think my interview went well- it was two professors, however one of them asked me the same question several times. Seems as though he didn't like my first answer and was convinced that I was "in line with the mission statement"......... We'll see!

@dreamer2210 every interview has been more professional than the SUNY's on march 16th. Honestly, I felt the best interview as far as the interviewers was York College. They came off very intelligent, informed and had tough questions what the PA scope of practice is, why I chose this college and what is the biggest issue in the PA world right now and I enjoyed the tough questions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

So for anyone interested: My essay topic was  "Please describe a person you admire. Choose someone who has caused you to change your behavior or worldview, and how this person influenced you."

I think my interview went well- it was two professors, however one of them asked me the same question several times. Seems as though he didn't like my first answer and was convinced that I was "in line with the mission statement"......... We'll see!

Wow, i like that essay question.

Best of luck, maybe he was in a way trying to get a stronger answer from you. You never know.