5 hours ago, jzleem said:

I'm still waiting to hear back as well... trying not to be discouraged as each day passes. I wonder if they send rejection emails while the interview process is ongoing? I mean, if we haven't received a rejection yet, there is still hope! 

Don't get discourage, they still calling in folks for interviews and they haven't finalize their interview rounds.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:14 AM, Ronnie456 said:

What is the style of their interview? Is it traditional? 

Traditional in the sense that they want you to know what a PA is and why you chose this route. Your strengths/weaknesses and other questions they may have about your application. Pretty straightforward! There was also an essay portion before you do your actual interview. 

26 minutes ago, Lynette said:

Traditional in the sense that they want you to know what a PA is and why you chose this route. Your strengths/weaknesses and other questions they may have about your application. Pretty straightforward! There was also an essay portion before you do your actual interview. 

Thanks! Were there any behavioral, ethical or any outright strange questions? Was yours one on one? 

49 minutes ago, Ronnie456 said:

Thanks! Were there any behavioral, ethical or any outright strange questions? Was yours one on one? 

It was 2 faculty and yourself. So nothing too strange, like I said pretty straightforward. Why their program, how your current experiences prepared you for the PA route and how you'll contribute to the issues in healthcare that we face. Know the PA profession. No ethical or behavioral scenarios. Just really know your own qualities and healthcare experiences. They really just want to get to know you! 

On 3/11/2020 at 1:44 PM, jin29 said:

I received an interview invite for 3/20!!

My stats:

Submitted my application on 9/30/19 

Undergraduate - cGPA 2.91, sGPA 2.6

Post Bacc - cGPA and sGPA 3.91

2000+ hours working as a pulmonary function technician in New York

1000 hours as a medical scribe

42 hours of shadowing

My GPA definitely made my application on the weaker side so I worked really hard to make the rest of my application impressive. I'm very grateful to receive an interview invite despite my undergraduate GPA and I'm hoping this will help ease the nerves of others! 

Thank you for this. Some people (me) also have weak GPAs so just have to wait for a response and hope for a interview.Your post gave me new strength, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShaSho said:

Thank you for this. Some people (me) also have weak GPAs so just have to wait for a response and hope for a interview.Your post gave me new strength, though.

Congrats and thank you for the hope! What courses did you take as Post baccalaureate? Did you need to make an appeal to have your application reviewed with a lower GPA? 

I think they may be taking longer to figure out the situation for their current PA classes. But I hope this doesn’t stop them from sending out additional interview dates 😢 I’m really excited and hoping to receive something because I’m a NY resident and getting into this school given this is CUNY would be amazing.

They do seem to be doing interviews on 3/27

I was originally scheduled to interview on 3/20 and called to see if I could reschedule for a later date because of work conflicts with the interview and I was notified so last minute (plus I’m from California). I spoke to Ms. Azore and 3/27 was the latest date that they had. She did seem unsure about whether or not they’d be switching to online interviews, so I’ve been hesitant about buying a plane ticket. Though I suppose I may have to because I haven’t received word on a switch. 

They gave me very little notice about my original interview date, so I imagine that now would be the time that they’d start sending invitations for interview dates on 3/27

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:48 PM, PAworld98 said:

I am also still waiting. Worried I may not have enough hours. Does anyone know if it’s better to be a CNA vs. a phlebotomist for a year to work on that or is it equal in experience 

praying for all

@PAworld98 @Delee77 i'm right with yall.. still waiting on an interview invite! fingers crossed. it must be a mess with all thats going on right now... 

Edited by flight213

Hello you guys, glad that is working out for the folks with interviews this week and upcoming one. 

I don't know how to feel about this new interview format. Evaluation for all applicants isn't the same and this will affect the outcome for some. Like what about the essay question? what about being able to connect with interviewers as the face -to -face interaction now is limited. I am not sure, but in my mind they should then re-interview all applicants in the same format, that way all applicants are evaluated following the same prompts. 

Stay safe you guys.  

• Like 2

I just received an email from City College basically stating that all admissions decisions will be postponed until April 17th & that future interview dates will be held virtually, however the dates are still to be determined....so I'm assuming that interviews are still being sent out.

not sure if you guys received this email but just wanted to inform everyone!

be safe and good luck to all of you! 🙂

Edited by Lule94
  • Like 3