Just got an interview for next week! I am from NC and work at UNC medical center and with the virus I am really not supposed to travel. I am hoping they will work something out. Does anyone know a breakdown of the cost for tuition and living expenses? Also, the email says class of 2023 which confuses me because there is only 7 semesters. 

• Like 2

I received an interview invite for 3/20!!

My stats:

Submitted my application on 9/30/19 

Undergraduate - cGPA 2.91, sGPA 2.6

Post Bacc - cGPA and sGPA 3.91

2000+ hours working as a pulmonary function technician in New York

1000 hours as a medical scribe

42 hours of shadowing

My GPA definitely made my application on the weaker side so I worked really hard to make the rest of my application impressive. I'm very grateful to receive an interview invite despite my undergraduate GPA and I'm hoping this will help ease the nerves of others! 

24 minutes ago, jin29 said:

I received an interview invite for 3/20!!

My stats:

Submitted my application on 9/30/19 

Undergraduate - cGPA 2.91, sGPA 2.6

Post Bacc - cGPA and sGPA 3.91

2000+ hours working as a pulmonary function technician in New York

1000 hours as a medical scribe

42 hours of shadowing

My GPA definitely made my application on the weaker side so I worked really hard to make the rest of my application impressive. I'm very grateful to receive an interview invite despite my undergraduate GPA and I'm hoping this will help ease the nerves of others! 

Really appreciate you sharing this!

35 minutes ago, PAworld98 said:

Hey everyone! 

I was curious to know if the pa hours tomorrow from 12:30 to 1:30 was still happening with the whole corona situation?

any info helps I would love to attend 

I doubt it! I live in NY and the just cancelled classes starting tomorrow - 18th. And they are moving classes online from the 19th until the rest of the semester. I'm wondering how this will affect future interviews 

13 minutes ago, kpeterson221 said:

CUNY and SUNY schools just transitioned to distance learning models as of today. Will this be affecting interviews that were granted for this Friday, March 13th? Unfortunately, I booked hotel and travel accommodations for this date..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should call them before the day is over!! Essential staff has to still be on campus so maybe they will still hold interviews 

Hey guys! I had emailed Ms Azor yesterday regarding my interview this friday 3/13 and she said it was still happening as planned. Unless someone has heard anything else I believe it will still be happening! I don’t know about PA hours though but I am also curious.

“Interviews will happen on March 13th as planned, until further notice. 

Ms. Azor”

11 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

I've been calling all morning and no one is picking up yet but I am sure they will send out a mass email to all of us about whether or not the interviews are still going to be held tomorrow. Good luck everyone. I hope we all do well and see y'all tomorrow! 😃

Got an email saying the March 13 interviews will still be conducted. Good luck. 

33 minutes ago, argcab said:

has anyone gotten an update on whether the pa club hours for today are still happening or not? 

Just based on common sense. On campus classes are suspended, therefore I believe the PA club hours are cancelled if students aren't attending on campus activities and lectures.

Once more, I am just assuming. 😃

Ok, well no one has responded to my email regarding a flight from North Carolina. Will you guys let me know how tomorrow goes? I am trying to decide if I should buy ticket or not. I am VERY excited about this school. I would hate to miss such an opportunity due to COVID-19.  I would also hate to have to miss work due to the requirement of being self quarantined for 2 weeks after travel 😞

Ok, well no one has responded to my email regarding a flight from North Carolina. Will you guys let me know how tomorrow goes? I am trying to decide if I should buy ticket or not. I am VERY excited about this school. I would hate to miss such an opportunity due to COVID-19.  I would also hate to have to miss work due to the requirement of being self quarantined for 2 weeks after travel [emoji20]
I dont think youd have to self.quarantine unless youre both exposed and feel.like you have the symptoms.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk